• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Smoking tire review

I really enjoy Savage Geese’s reviews. They are pretty in depth and the guy knows his stuff. They review such a a variety of cars which is pretty cool. Trying to think of the review of the Kia Stinger.......’think’ it was pretty much on the money and I like that he doesn’t care about hype or expectations etc.

It's generally positive, a few minor things Matt didn't like. I can't for Savage Geese to get his hands on one, so far he's disliked the type r and the RS
Not gonna lie, I’ve been taking a hard look at the CTR also. Just watched SG’s CTR review and aside from the gear grind and nitpickiness regarding a few performance things (hypersensitive steering, 20” wheels/tires & inability to mix/match tuning modes - all of which I agree with), he states “I think the new Type-R is one of the best front-wheel drive cars I’ve ever driven.” So I’d have to disagree with your statement re: the CTR.

He’s going to rip on the VN, as a couple of recent reviews by more technical reviewers have revealed certain characteristics such as rear end skittishness/nervousness, inability to fully dampen irregular road surfaces and understeer (yes, it’s still there). Such as this one:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/honda-civic-type-r-versus-hyundai-veloster-n-hot-hatch-battle

Then again, with a handle including a pluralization of goose, perhaps he has a multiple personality disorder. Kidding aside, I did highly appreciate all of the detailed technical bits documented on his site and that he went over nearly all of the important portions of the car where performance, quality and durability were critically analyzed.

My kinda guy.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I’ve been taking a hard look at the CTR also. Just watched SG’s CTR review and aside from the gear grind and nitpickiness regarding a few performance things (hypersensitive steering, 20” wheels/tires & inability to mix/match tuning modes - all of which I agree with), he states “I think the new Type-R is one of the best front-wheel drive cars I’ve ever driven.” So I’d have to disagree with your statement re: the CTR.

He’s going to rip on the VN, as a couple of recent reviews by more technical reviewers have revealed certain characteristics such as rear end skittishness/nervousness, inability to fully dampen irregular road surfaces and understeer (yes, it’s still there). Such as this one:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/honda-civic-type-r-versus-hyundai-veloster-n-hot-hatch-battle

Then again, with a handle including a pluralization of goose, perhaps he has a multiple personality disorder. Kidding aside, I did highly appreciate all of the detailed technical bits documented on his site and that he went over nearly all of the important portions of the car where performance, quality and durability were critically analyzed.

My kinda guy.
You're right, it was in a different review that he said it wasn't as special as people think it is. If it wasn't for the 10k markup I'd have one already

There are actually 2 just slightly above MSRP near me and the one I was considering was actually under MSRP!