• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Servicing during COVID

mikeo

Nthusiast
Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
Got mine booked in for it's first service on the 19th January next year. First date I could get after the car mentioned 30 days to go (blame COVID I suppose). No real choice round here for dealers (IE. there is one and only one local). So already around 10 days over the 12 months. They are now tightening up the COVID regulations to the highest level and I wonder if my date gets further bumped, how you stand warranty wise? I know they give you some leeway but God only knows when I could get another date should things slip. O'hum.

Fastback_N

Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2019
Earth
"If your vehicle is due a service but you cannot get this completed and a warranty issue occurs, there will be an open-ended time limit with a maximum mileage allowance of 1,500 miles until 2nd, December 2020."

..was showing as advice if you were self isolating, when I looked here, today:

https://www.hyundai.co.uk/covid-19/faqs

Probably worth dropping a mail to customer.query@hyundai.co.uk, to get updated advice.

Reactions: mikeo

mikeo

Nthusiast
Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
Yet tougher COVID rules ahead from midnight tonight in Scotland...

Damn, just managed to get my car booked in for a service on the 19th January (1st booking cancelled because of COVID rules), wonder if this booking is down the toilet as well? Service already overdue. Suppose I had better phone the garage tomorrow and find out. I suppose in the scheme of things, it's not really that important. Like most folks, I just want things to go back to something approaching normal and this horrible nightmare to be over :(

Fastback_N

Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2019
Earth
Yet tougher COVID rules ahead from midnight tonight in Scotland...

Damn, just managed to get my car booked in for a service on the 19th January (1st booking cancelled because of COVID rules), wonder if this booking is down the toilet as well? Service already overdue. Suppose I had better phone the garage tomorrow and find out. I suppose in the scheme of things, it's not really that important. Like most folks, I just want things to go back to something approaching normal and this horrible nightmare to be over :(
I'm in the same boat, with my second service booked in close to the end of January. Did you try and contact Hyundai, about how they would handle it?

mikeo

Nthusiast
Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
I'm in the same boat, with my second service booked in close to the end of January. Did you try and contact Hyundai, about how they would handle it?
They only just changed the rules late this afternoon for us up here. So no chance to contact anyone yet. TBC as they say.

Though I would have thought that they would do something similar like they did during the first full lock-down.
IE. Give you a grace period.

I've looked through the document that the Scottish government has produced and it doesn't specifically mention garages, or a lot of other types of businesses come to that (rather like last time). So I suspect the garage will be making a few phone calls first thing tomorrow morning to find out what the position is. Took me a month to book this service, due to reduced throughput etc. at the garage. So once you take the actual lock-down period into account and the subsequent time it then takes to make another appointment... My car will be well overdue a service. No real problem I suppose, it's not like I can drive anywhere much now!

Hey maybe it will be fine and they will be open for servicing business. Hey... think I've just seen a flying pig :)

mikeo

Nthusiast
Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
Got through to the garage this afternoon and while their new car showroom is shut, servicing / MOT's as normal. So panic over, unless things get tightened even further.