• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Selling sooner than expected

I went for a manual Golf R (when they still did them) figuring - Manual, more involvement, proper drivers car etc

Nope, still dull with the added worry the clutch might explode at any minute :p

I do like the look of the UP though, looks fun to thrash about.

Reactions: BillTheButcher
There are only two things about the Up Gti that I realy don't understand: Why didn't VW put diskbrakes on the backaxle instead of drums? And the biggest question: why didn't they do the effort to put some nice sportseats in. Now it's just the interior lake in any other Up, covered in tartan fabric. Shouldn't cost that much to put the seats of f.i. a Polo gti in?
Edit: sorry to spoil your topic, but felt temped to put a familypicture up:

Last edited:
There are only two things about the Up Gti that I realy don't understand: Why didn't VW put diskbrakes on the backaxle instead of drums? And the biggest question: why didn't they do the effort to put some nice sportseats in. Now it's just the interior lake in any other Up, covered in tartan fabric. Shouldn't cost that much to put the seats of f.i. a Polo gti in?
Edit: sorry to spoil your topic, but felt temped to put a familypicture up:
I couldn't agree more. I haven't leaned hard on the brakes yet but drums on the back seems like an odd choice. I know there's hardly any weight over the back axle but still...

Yes, some sportier seats would have been good. In the few miles I've done, they do seem to be surprisingly supportive; much moreso than I thought they were going to be based on their appearance. I'll have to wait and see if that still applies on longer journeys.

There are only two things about the Up Gti that I really don't understand: Why didn't VW put disc brakes on the back axle instead of drums? And the biggest question: why didn't they do the effort to put some nice sport seats in. Now it's just the interior lake in any other Up, covered in tartan fabric. Shouldn't cost that much to put the seats of f.i. a Polo gti in?
Edit: sorry to spoil your topic, but felt temped to put a family picture up:
Cost is the primary factor.

They're trying to hit a price point. Beyond that according to their marketing statistics they won't sell the number of cars required. Welcome to, target marketing. :)

I'm sure within the whole VAG group they could have used some disc brakes from another model on the back surely?! (Seat Ibiza or Skoda Fabia for example)

Its very unusual to have drums on any sort of "performance" variant of a model.