• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Searching

speedking

Nthusiast
Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
1. Why doesn't putting quotes around a phrase limit searching to that phrase rather than each word as if the quotes weren't there? Is there a way of searching for phrases?
2. When I search for "running in", despite telling me that "in" is too short or common and won't be included, the search engine goes on to highlight every post with "in" in, even if it is just within another word, e.g. driving. Wish this was consistent.

Attachments

Danscfc

Staff member
Dec 4, 2017
A fair point.

Seems the filter may need adjusting to be more specific and only searching for a certain word or phrase, not a word within a word or a singular from the phrase.

Leave it with us, we’ll see what we can adjust.

Reactions: speedking and asd

BadShadd

Nthusiast
May 12, 2018
K'lautern (Germany) · 97
I haven't figured this one out - how do I search for members / from ... (i.e. Germany). I understand that Germany would have to be this field to get those specific results, but how to search member info is what I'm looking for - not forum thread information containing Germany.

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
That's the way I do:

2019-04-08 12_53-_searching_ site_n-cars.net - Google-Suche.jpg

I haven't figured this one out - how do I search for members / from ... (i.e. Germany). I understand that Germany would have to be this field to get those specific results, but how to search member info is what I'm looking for - not forum thread information containing Germany.
I don't know, I think that's one of the reasons threads like "Aktive deutsche i30N Fahrer" and "Wo kommst du her?" are existing..