• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Satnav Discussion

speedking

Nthusiast
Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
For one of the streets I wanted to put in as a destination, the satnav will only accept house numbers 28 and above. Houses 1 - 27 definitely exist and are all under the same postcode :mad: and have been since the early nineties. Guess I'll have to wait for my annual update to see whether it is corrected.

Anyone else have examples where the satnav is lacking?

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
There a main road (bypass) that’s been finished for over a year that was never updated on my Kia. And doesn’t exist on this car either.

No biggie as I tend to use my phone anyway. But still.....

Haven't noticed any missing roads yet but discovered yesterday that the satnav lady is very determined to ensure I follow her route! Tried taking a detour I knew, expecting her to recalculate fairly quickly as my previous car did but it took quite a distance before she stopped trying to make me go back and instead follow a new route. But hey no big deal I suppose so far so good.

Well looks like the Here Map is not really up to date. I call my dealer and he told me that as the car was built in 2017 the map should be ok. Personally I use google map or Waze.

I'd say it's more incomplete than not up to date. Neither of my examples is a recent change.

Yeah, that’s a fair way to describe it. Lots of new roads etc on mine and older ones (but still changes etc) are not. Strange.

I put my postcode in when I picked mine up for the first time and this would only allow me to pick houses from 45 onwards, even though my house is in the twenties.
I am not impressed with the sat-nav on the occasions I have used it and even the road where I work when I put that in was out by a couple of streets.
I am waiting until I have run mine in properly before I take it into my dealers about this.
Using my portable garmin when we go on holiday.

I put my postcode in when I picked mine up for the first time and this would only allow me to pick houses from 45 onwards, even though my house is in the twenties.
I am not impressed with the sat-nav on the occasions I have used it and even the road where I work when I put that in was out by a couple of streets.
I am waiting until I have run mine in properly before I take it into my dealers about this.
Using my portable garmin when we go on holiday.
is your map EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2[D.D1] ?

Still I like the fact that natively It can show me police radars and prevent me from some fines.

Still I like the fact that natively It can show me police radars and prevent me from some fines.
Yeah they definitely removed that for Switzerland as it's highly illegal and can even land you in jail. (Publicly) Warning others in any fashion is considered obstruction of justice/police work.

Yeah they definitely removed that for Switzerland as it's highly illegal and can even land you in jail. (Publicly) Warning others in any fashion is considered obstruction of justice/police work.
In fact in France it's illegal if you say it's a radar detection system but if you say it's a dangerous zone detection system it's legal. That's why we are allow to use it as an assistance to drive safe.

Yes, Hyundai told me that they will never implement a speed camera warning system on their satnav because they are a global brand and as it is illegal in some territories it would mean having different implementations.

I don't buy it, they should make it available and then it is up to the user to enable if permitted.

I don't buy it, they should make it available and then it is up to the user to enable if permitted.
Same reason the UK spec cars don't have speed sign detection: They probably think the UK is similar to the US in that they will sue you if they get a ticket following the speed limit indicated by their car when in reality it was actually a different posted speed limit.

I must be honest though, the Sat nav in this car has gotten me to everywhere I've needed to go to, so I'm not going to complain too much. We were down in Manchester at the beginning of April and visited various places using the Sat Nav, and it was decent.

Yes, Hyundai told me that they will never implement a speed camera warning system on their satnav because they are a global brand and as it is illegal in some territories it would mean having different implementations.

There's speed camera warnings in Australian "standard" I 30's, not sure about the N, I'll check that out in a few months and get back to you :)