• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

SA / Adelaide N-thusiasts

I test drove an ER at Reynella when it had 400km on the clock. I did not "thrash it" as my mechanical sympathy would not let me do that. I did run the car up to 4000 on the tacho on some upshifts to get a feel for the potential acceleration however. I also had the feeling that the dealership were protective of the car during these low kms. I thought they had sold the car as I saw a CS in the showroom the other week with the HYUNDAI custom plates on it. If it is still the same car it would be approaching 12 months old now and you should keep this in mind in terms of warranty length. I would want it for a good price given the age and interior wear and tear from lots of bums in the seats. Otherwise if I wanted an ER car I would have bought it from them. I went for MG and love it. :cool::)
Thanks for the reply Stash-N!

Made a mistake, the ER is at Ingle Farm. Reynella have the clean slate.

Adrien Brien just got MG in and Maughn Thiem has a PW.

I think I want an ER... If the dealers are a bit protective of the cars on test drives then a demo may be a good way to save some $$. With 700km I'd almost call that used though.

Aaron_N

Would you guys buy a demo N with 700km on it? Theres an ER at Reynella.

Did your dealers let you thrash the car on your test drives?
Hi, I was given a demo car overnight when I was waiting for my car to arrive. (ER from Ingle Farm).
I asked the dealer if I could go above 3k revs, and he basically said don't redline it, but drive it how you would drive your own car, and test it out. Oh and he said not to launch it, which I kept my word on.
I drove it pretty hard, but i wouldn't say I "thrashed it". But, if the same offer was given to others, there's no way to say how other testers would have treated it.

All in all, I guess it depends if you want to keep it past the warranty or not, and if you can get over the fact other people have driven it... some of us are a bit...uptight about that sort of thing.

And yes, as the man @Stash-N says, would be expecting a hefty discount on an ex demo.

Good luck, and i hope you get a good deal if you go for it!

Aaron_N

I think I want an ER... If the dealers are a bit protective of the cars on test drives then a demo may be a good way to save some $$. With 700km I'd almost call that used though.
Just wanted to add, there's no way that's the same ER at Ingle Farm I test drove, it was 12 months ago, and I put 300km on it.

Ask them for a test drive ( if you haven't already) and see how strict they are with conditions.

GazmaN

Not a CS fan? I would damn near kill for one. And they don't make 'em anymore. Maybe you would consider this 'limited edition'? Maybe cheap if it's near on a year old as @Stash-N suggests. Maybe you could negotiate 5 years warranty from date of purchase? Maybe I should just stop whispering in your ear just because I wish I was in your position ;)

Stash-N

Not a CS fan? I would damn near kill for one. And they don't make 'em anymore. Maybe you would consider this 'limited edition'? Maybe cheap if it's near on a year old as @Stash-N suggests. Maybe you could negotiate 5 years warranty from date of purchase? Maybe I should just stop whispering in your ear just because I wish I was in your position ;)
I was surprised to see a CS as a demo at Reynella too. I thought they were removing this colour from the lineup. Maybe Reynella got one of the last few which they think might move a bit quicker than the ER one they had for some considerable time. You can never tell with colours. I would have bought the ER car myself had I not had 3 red vehicles before and was tired of red. :cool::)

I saw that ER at Ingle Farm...$45k...even with the Lux pack, I reckon I’d want a bit more off with 700km on the clock. It’s only a couple of $k off “sticker” for a new one. Who knows how it’s been ran in for 3/4 of the running in. It’s also a gen 1, not gen 2.

A recent purchase of a gen 10 Civic got me more than that off sticker for a brand new one, easy as.

And yes, as the man @Stash-N says, would be expecting a hefty discount on an ex demo.

Good luck, and i hope you get a good deal if you go for it!
Yeah i'd definitely want something closer to 40k for that. At the price they want for it its basically a base i30N price... so you get a potentially not properly run in car but a free luxury pack. Not sure if its worth it.

But as much as it pains me I dont think i can afford it right now :(

I am pretty obsessed and it kills me, watching videos and reviews every day at the moment! Hopefully by the end of the year I can get my hands on one!

haha it looks not bad! I would take it! I think ER appeals to me the most at the moment. The CS would be pretty rare though...

Unfortunately the one at Reynella is a fully loaded one! I'm not sure if I want a sun roof.

A recent purchase of a gen 10 Civic got me more than that off sticker for a brand new one, easy as.
Which model Civic? I dont know if the N's have as much leeway for discounting.. seems quite rare.

The second top level Civic - can’t recall the naming system ;-) great car BTW. So smooth.

Yeah Honda are feeling the pinch re Hyundai eating into their usual market as the quality is so good now, so that helped with the disco.

I’m like you: I want an N and edging towards a purchase...maybe I’ll be able to swing it...

Corsa59

Which model Civic? I dont know if the N's have as much leeway for discounting.. seems quite rare.
There is ALWAYS the opportunity for a discount on ANY car, new, demo or used, common as muck or rare as hen's teeth.

I got the very first N delivered in Qld last April, and I got a $3,000 discount off recommended retail, when 3 previous dealers had told me there were NO discounts available.

You have to be prepared to walk away. Make an offer, when they say "not possible", smile and thank them for their time, shake their hand, and LEAVE. Trust me, if they really want a sale, they will chase you for a sale.

I honestly expected my bargain hunt to take several weeks and many discussions. It took 4 dealerships, 2 days, and 4 hours after I had left the last dealership, the sales manager rang me, and asked me to come in and sign, at MY price.... $45k drive away, Perf Blue, Luxury pack, 12 months rego, full tank of gas, carpet mats, style visors, mudflaps, and a free loan car for the 5 year warranty period whilst being serviced, as the dealership is a fair distance away from my place.

Two of the sales people who DIDN'T get the sale told me they could have matched (or beaten) the price, if I had given them the chance..... LMAO, suckers, opportunity lost because you were too greedy.

Corsa59

The second top level Civic - can’t recall the naming system ;-) great car BTW. So smooth.
This is what makes me cry these days, even the blokes don't know the differences between the various models... What sort of car do you have? A Blue one (or whatever colour your car is)... LMFAO

As a total Honda fanboy, I couldn't get around the fact you can't buy a manual, you can't even buy a DCT, one of those droning CVT's is the ONLY option unless you spend $60k on a Type R.

I test drove a manual 2019 Civic Si coupe early this year, 152kw, 6 speed manual, awesome handling, and heaps of get up and go. The ONLY problem.... I test drove it at Heritage Honda, in Calgary Canada. That magnificent beast is NOT available in Australia, we get the auto Thai vanilla versions.

Honda-Civic-SI-696x392.jpg

Last edited:
You have to be prepared to walk away. Make an offer, when they say "not possible", smile and thank them for their time, shake their hand, and LEAVE. Trust me, if they really want a sale, they will chase you for a sale.

I honestly expected my bargain hunt to take several weeks and many discussions. It took 4 dealerships, 2 days, and 4 hours after I had left the last dealership, the sales manager rang me, and asked me to come in and sign, at MY price.... $45k drive away, Perf Blue, Luxury pack, 12 months rego, full tank of gas, carpet mats, style visors, mudflaps, and a free loan car for the 5 year warranty period whilst being serviced, as the dealership is a fair distance away from my place.
Thanks for the tips there! Very useful for people who are looking for new cars (I have never bought new before). Makes me more confident to walk in expecting some sort of a discount. $45k is really good with those extras considering it was in its first year of production last year.

Do most Hyundai dealers do the free loan car thing? Or is it a thing you need to negotiate?

edit* with that price did you have to pick one that was already in stock? Or did you order a new one in?

Last edited:
This is what makes me cry these days, even the blokes don't know the differences between the various models... What sort of car do you have? A Blue one... LMFAO
Haha - there’s difference between don’t know and don’t care. As I said 2 posts back it’s a Gen 10 Civic... not “blue”...seriously what a...

Just for the record I can recite the rego plate numbers of every car my father ever ownred, every car I’ve ever owned, every car my wife has ever owned...let alone make and model...

My fave car I’ve owned: a ’74 TA22 Celica ST with an import 2TG DOHC with twin double-barrel side-draft solex carbs and headers.

“Man” enough for ya? :eek:

Corsa59

Thanks for the tips there! Very useful for people who are looking for new cars (I have never bought new before). Makes me more confident to walk in expecting some sort of a discount. $45k is really good with those extras considering it was in its first year of production last year.

Do most Hyundai dealers do the free loan car thing? Or is it a thing you need to negotiate?

edit* with that price did you have to pick one that was already in stock? Or did you order a new one in?
I walked into the first dealership the day the very first demo arrived. It was exactly what I wanted, blue, luxury, no sunroof, but they wouldn't sell it to me, as it was their only demo, and would be the only demo they would get for at least 2 months.

So I signed the deal on a car yet to arrive in the dealership. It arrived 3 weeks later.

Most dealers (if not all) will "give" you a loan car, but some have very unreasonable terms if you have an accident in the car. Make sure you know ALL the terms and conditions of borrowing a loan car for the day (or the week as it was in my case), is there a mileage limit? Is there a range, ie can you take the car out of the city limits? Excess in case of damage. What is not included in the insurance.

In most cases, if you can live without your car for the day whilst it is being serviced, it is usually safer to just catch the train! :)

Corsa59

Yeah Honda are feeling the pinch re Hyundai eating into their usual market as the quality is so good now, so that helped with the disco...
Honda has always been just in or just out of the top 10 sales figures, but that is pretty good as they have NO commercial/utility range, and they don't target the government/rental/corporate markets, they are almost exclusively sold to the private sector.

According to Vfacts for 2018:

Brand Sales Change over 2017 Toyota 217,061 0.2% Mazda 111,280 -4.4% Hyundai 94,187 -2.9% Mitsubishi 84,944 5.3% Ford 69,081-11.6% Holden 60,751 -32.7% Nissan 57,699 2% Volkswagen 56,620 -2.4% Honda 51,525 10.1%

Hyundai have almost twice the sales of Honda, but they had a 2.9% decline last year, Honda had a 10.1% increase. It is just a shame they consider manuals to be a thing of the past. Having said that, virtually every single car manufacturer is moving in this direction...