• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Roof wrap

Crocoman

Nthusiast
Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
Hi everyone,

I’m considering a gloss black roof wrap (as well as getting the chrome grill surround done too). I like the look of it and it will freshen the look of the car.

I think a few member have the black roof. Looks cool. This will be on P Blue car.

I’ve been given a reasonable quote locally. Will post pics when all done;)

My FL is in at the moment getting the roof wrapped gloss black looking forward to getting it back later.

Mine is white. I like the look of a black roof as well...adds a bit of contrast and breaks all the white up a bit.

Reactions: Alanj and Crocoman
My FL is in at the moment getting the roof wrapped gloss black looking forward to getting it back later.

Mine is white. I like the look of a black roof as well...adds a bit of contrast and breaks all the white up a bit.
Interested in seeing this. I've ordered a white one and was debating a black roof wrap.

Reactions: i30nDRG
Waiting for pics too. Actually last week approached a shop to do my fastback. Mine’s PB also. Looking to do 5% tint to all rear windows as well. Maybe badges at some point but that’s a hassle and quiet expensive unless done diy with plastidip.

Just with wrapped roofs keep them clean more than paint work as dirt becomes etched and also water marks if left to dry can damage the wrap.

Happened on our old car with decent 3m wrap

Just with wrapped roofs keep them clean more than paint work as dirt becomes etched and also water marks if left to dry can damage the wrap.

Happened on our old car with decent 3m wrap

Its off for Ceramic coating tomorrow apparently its a different coating for the roof as its wrapped so hopefully that will protect it.

I do tend to polish and look after my cars but with this one being my first new car its getting pampered :)

Its off for Ceramic coating tomorrow apparently its a different coating for the roof as its wrapped so hopefully that will protect it.

I do tend to polish and look after my cars but with this one being my first new car its getting pampered :)
perfect. I think because its black it absorbs heat a hell of a lot more i was shocked as the car would be cool being white but you could cook eggs on the roof being so hot. Make sure its a flexable ceramic as wrap / ppf moves contracting in heat / cold so if its normal ceramic it breaks down over time

Ok, here as promised :) A little dark outside and took with smartphone. If anyone wants more detailed pics just ask :)

Picture
Well done ! Looks nice ! I'm still hesitating to wrap the roof of the Kona N. ( November ) It looks very good on the fastback, think it will be nice on the kona too. It's a sonic blue version, with sunroof. I'm considering it, from an aesthetic point of view. Thanks for the pic !!

Reactions: CozyTony
Looks so good!!! I'm getting mine done soon, I knew buying a red car in our Queensland climate would mean a lot more work to keep the red from fading... So if I wrap the roof black it looks awesome, hopefully easier to maintain and I can replace it when it fades lol... But then reading above comments maybe it's just as much work... Oops!

Thanks all,
I think these changes compliment the already black mirror caps, side skirts, window pillars and spoiler. Now it is screaming for black badges :cool:

Well done ! Looks nice ! I'm still hesitating to wrap the roof of the Kona N. ( November ) It looks very good on the fastback, think it will be nice on the kona too. It's a sonic blue version, with sunroof. I'm considering it, from an aesthetic point of view. Thanks for the pic !!
I would go for the black roof. Gives it a little meaner look. Kona is taller than the Fastback, but for me it is also protecting the roof. It had a decent size stone chip, which was of course fixed before wrapping. Now it should be a little more resistant to that.

Looks so good!!! I'm getting mine done soon, I knew buying a red car in our Queensland climate would mean a lot more work to keep the red from fading... So if I wrap the roof black it looks awesome, hopefully easier to maintain and I can replace it when it fades lol... But then reading above comments maybe it's just as much work... Oops!
Red color as it is, isn’t for my taste. With black details however it is different, they look very dope. The shops also give warranties on the wrap! Mine is 3 years, so no fear if something happens in that timespan. Wraps after all aren’t forever. If you want it to last more than 3 years it needs to be taken care of 👍 I’ve been told that it lasts 5-7 years if it’s taken care of appropriately.

Thanks all,
I think these changes compliment the already black mirror caps, side skirts, window pillars and spoiler. Now it is screaming for black badges :cool:

I would go for the black roof. Gives it a little meaner look. Kona is taller than the Fastback, but for me it is also protecting the roof. It had a decent size stone chip, which was of course fixed before wrapping. Now it should be a little more resistant to that.

Red color as it is, isn’t for my taste. With black details however it is different, they look very dope. The shops also give warranties on the wrap! Mine is 3 years, so no fear if something happens in that timespan. Wraps after all aren’t forever. If you want it to last more than 3 years it needs to be taken care of 👍 I’ve been told that it lasts 5-7 years if it’s taken care of appropriately.
Thanks for the feedback Tony !

• Love
Thanks all,

I agree, always said I'd never own a red car hahaha can't wait to get black badges as well!!!! Think I'll try and find someone to Plasti dip them (if that's what it's correctly called)...