• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

KoreaBroa

Jan 7, 2019
South Korea
Hi.

I tuned the roll stopper to improve the gear shift feeling.

It reduces power losses as well as feelings.

However, there is also a disadvantage of getting worse vibrations when idling.

I hope you think carefully and choose.

20181125_191918.jpg20181125_185258.jpg20181125_185251.jpg

Reactions: 1FastStagea
Are those custom (universal) mounts you used or there is a producer who has these mounts for our N-s?

I understand, but there are many Polybushes producers like Powerflex, Whiteline, ect...

Hi.

I tuned the roll stopper to improve the gear shift feeling.

It reduces power losses as well as feelings.

However, there is also a disadvantage of getting worse vibrations when idling.

I hope you think carefully and choose.

View attachment 4829View attachment 4828View attachment 4827
I had something similiar to this in my VT and it helped with wheel hop and launches but made idle very rough and when the AC was on full blast it made my entire dashboard shake very aggressively..

That used to be terrible in Elantra.
I can't feel the big difference in vibration right now.
Isn't it amazing?
How does the car feel with it ? Smoother launches ? I haven’t launched mine hard yet only have 222 miles on her

There wasn't much difference in vibration when I felt it.
but shift feels smoother.
I've already driven over 12,000 kilometers.
and if you drive , you will forget you did it.
The mount looks almost identical to the one on the VT. I wonder if the aftermarket mounts they have already would swap over to this platform

It looks like you only replaced one of the bushings with your stiffer custom bushing, on the firewall side. Most everyone who replaces these on the VT replace both bushings. Those that want less NVH in the cabin leave the stock soft bushing on the firewall side and use a stiffer bushing on the engine side.

So, you might want to switch them.

Reactions: simmo777