• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Rims. Would you buy new rims, keep original rims

To keep original rims or to sell original rims

• Keep Original Rims in storage to bring car back to stock.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Sell original Rims and get some money towards new rims.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Or keep original rims and not change the alloy rims.

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Who! Me.

Apr 4, 2018
Belfast
I am going to replace my original rims with new rims in all black.

I would like to ask this question how many of you think it is a good idea to keep the old rims if changing the oem rims to something different, so would you keep the original alloy rims to bring the car back to stock when resale time comes along, or would you sell the original alloy wheels and get the best price you can for them to put towards the new rims or not change the rims at all.

Who! Me.

Apr 4, 2018
Belfast
ummmmm.........did you not previously already ask this?
Yes I did but thought to run a survey this time to get a consensus as to what the community think. So this post is different in many ways. A guy I know told me I would be mad to change the alloys on my car as those alloys when they are no longer produced the price will rocket skyward. He says everyone is upgrading their rims selling them whatever rims get damaged broken beyond repair it's when these rims are no longer produced that's when the magic happens, but whoever buys this car say in 15 - 20 years time they will want the original alloys and not some fancy aftermarket I think there are people who would just keep their original alloys so I just wanted a gauge as to what members think and this post is totally different to my last post. I wonder myself if it is worthwhile changing the alloys forspoked all black is it literally buying rims for no reason at all is it really that much of a visual upgrade from stock.

Who! Me.

Apr 4, 2018
Belfast
ummmmm.........did you not previously already ask this?
No I did not the post you are talking about was in regards to upgrading original rims with aftermarket rims and how that would affect insurance. This post I have asked what othef members think is it worthwhile to change original alloys. God you have me worried there for a minute as I thought you were ratting on me, only joking all good fun.
I have been told not to change the original alloys so the car will be more valuable with the original alloys. So I have written a different post to ask the community that question.

GazmaN

Staff member
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
OK @Who! Me I'll put my two pennies in if you really want. If you're chasing weight saving - look elsewhere than the stock rims. Keep the stock rims regardless. If you just want all black with no other criteria - just get the stock rims totally painted black and lose that gawd-awful diamond cut look. That's what I shall do as soon as I put a nick in them. I'm about overdue for that I reckon.

Reactions: R Veloster N

Shadow-Flo

Aug 12, 2019
Germany
As there is nearly no market for the originals, I am happy to got rid of them including the Pirellis. If I want stock state back at selling the car, I can get a set for small amount. Don't want to store a set of rims over 5 or 10 years in my garage or shed.

Reactions: Who! Me.

Who! Me.

Apr 4, 2018
Belfast
I was looking today at buying a set of black rims and I have set my sights on the Dotz Kendo Dark and then this guy on YouTube showed his Dotz rims which had a crack and when he complained Dotz customer service according to him was next to non-existent can anyone confirm good news about quality control are they a good alloy wheel or is the guy in the video talikng crap anyway does not make for good vibes considering the price of these alloys @ Shadow-Flo couldn’t agree with you more but I found a web site selling these current alloys and they are asking £299 per alloy wheel a lot of cash for a OEM alloy and they state they are cheaper than Hyundai the manufacturer.

Both links below.

https://hyundainsport.com/products/hyundai-i30n-wheel-19-alloy-wheel