• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Revved my car in gear to 5000rpm once , should i be worried ?

Lzqbnnn

Jul 31, 2022
Portugal
Hello ,so i revved my car in gear , stopped, to 5000rpm for about 3-4 séc, dont ask me why , im just new and thought revving ir um neutral or im gear would not make much difference , the car is new, is a i20N with 600km , should i be worried with my clutch state? Did this damaged my clutch ? And decreased its life span ?
Never doing it again.

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Don't worry, you're fine. Just ensure the engine oil is up to full operating temperature before you stick your boot into it.

Reactions: Lzqbnnn

gpaaa

Nthusiast
Dec 16, 2021
GREECE
Hello ,so i revved my car in gear , stopped, to 5000rpm for about 3-4 séc, dont ask me why , im just new and thought revving ir um neutral or im gear would not make much difference , the car is new, is a i20N with 600km , should i be worried with my clutch state? Did this damaged my clutch ? And decreased its life span ?
Never doing it again.
No worries at all my friend.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Heat cycling is good for seating rings. In fact using more throttle application for short periods of time followed by normal application is heat cycling.

Drive the car like you’ll use it daily and don’t worry .👍🇺🇸

Reactions: GazmaN and Lzqbnnn

Lzqbnnn

Jul 31, 2022
Portugal
Heat cycling is good for seating rings. In fact using more throttle application for short periods of time followed by normal application is heat cycling.

Thank you , for your answer always good to have some more experienced drivers giving some advice💪

Reactions: GazmaN

Lzqbnnn

Jul 31, 2022
Portugal
Don't worry, you're fine. Just ensure the engine oil is up to full operating temperature before you stick your boot into it.
Looking at my question i think i wasnt clear enough maybe 😂 , i didnt put my foot all the way in the clutch so it was engaged , at the end stayed that smell of Over eating clutch , so that was my worry , did i damage my clutch by doing it 1 time ?
Have not not being noticing any problems shifting gears , but maybe i took a little bit of life of my clutch

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN

Lzqbnnn

Jul 31, 2022
Portugal

Looking at my question i think i wasnt clear enough maybe 😂 , i didnt put my foot all the way in the clutch so it was engaged , at the end stayed that smell of Over eating clutch , so that was my worry , did i damage my clutch by doing it 1 time ?
Have not not being noticing any problems shifting gears , but maybe i took a little bit of life of my clutch?

Lzqbnnn

Jul 31, 2022
Portugal
Probably a little, but if it's still driving fine now I wouldn't be worried about it. Don't stress, we all mess up from time to time 🙂
Yhea , performance cars probably have more reinforced components no? They are more prepared for this kind of things maybe 😀

X-Plosiv

Nthusiast
Jan 2, 2022
Pula, Croatia
Yhea , just kept thinking cus is my first car and im not that experienced driver , just didnt knew what to think 😂

It's even better if you did this to your car, than babysit it hard for 1000 km.

I once had a motor blown up in middle of overtake with one van once, now that's some good revving. :D

Lzqbnnn

Jul 31, 2022
Portugal
It's even better if you did this to your car, than babysit it hard for 1000 km.

I once had a motor blown up in middle of overtake with one van once, now that's some good revving. :D
Yhea about the engine its ok its good to push ir a little sometimes even if it is new , my worry was about the clutch, cus i revved it with clutch pedal halfway so it Burned a little
But its ok , its not once that os going to harm my clutch 😂