• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Rev Matching Discussion

speedking

Is the rev matching detecting the gear after you've selected it, then matching revs before you let up the clutch pedal? i.e. it works whether changing up or down (implied by manual p. 5-19), and also if you skip a gear and change directly from 6th to 4th for example.

Last edited:

Scottukl

Yes it waits until you have engaged a gear then waits until you start to release the clutch slightly. As soon as you lift the clutch a bit the rev matching kicks in.
It's very smooth and intuitive - great system.

sandervdw

Even before putting it in gear, if you go from 4th to 2nd you can get it to blip by just pushing the lever to the left (so without actually putting it in gear)
Specifically checked it this morning. And it actually revs on the slightest "up/down" movement. So it waits until it can predict the correct gear. Works as a charm though.

iiNNEX

So my car has only done 250 miles at the time of writing, but I have noticed, compared to the demo car I had which had done 4500 miles, this one does not rev-match as aggressively (no matter what setting I put it in).

Did this change via a software update or Model Year? I know it used to be a bit over the top, but at least you had the option of it being normal and aggressive. Now it almost feels like it's doing it too late/not fast enough.

Yes it waits until you have engaged a gear then waits until you start to release the clutch slightly. As soon as you lift the clutch a bit the rev matching kicks in.
It's very smooth and intuitive - great system.
My current car is just like you describe.

really? my engine blips as soon as you push into gear and before lifting the clutch.
My ex-demo car was just like this instead. And I much preferred this! It almost feels like it does it too late now :/