• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Rev Hang

Hi All,

Was just wondering if anyone experiences rev hang with the i30n. Mine rev hangs a bit and from what I understand, car companies do this as an emission requirement.

Thanks.

Tony

Hugh_85

I saw a similar query posted somewhere else, can't remember if it was on here or FB group.
My car did it this morning, but I was in 2nd and the gear suggestion was 4th. My theory is that it keeps the revs higher should you wish to skip a gear on the way up. Rev match is always on so I can't compare to behaviour without it.
Could be wrong, but makes sense if you think about it:)

When I did my test drive I had revmatching on and if I went 1st->2nd quickly then clutch in to coast, the revs would stay really high and the salesman explained that this was simply the car expecting you to continue to shift up. This was in N mode. The salesman daily drove an N so he knew his stuff.

GazmaN

I saw a similar query posted somewhere else, can't remember if it was on here or FB group.
My car did it this morning, but I was in 2nd and the gear suggestion was 4th. My theory is that it keeps the revs higher should you wish to skip a gear on the way up. Rev match is always on so I can't compare to behaviour without it.
Could be wrong, but makes sense if you think about it:)
Here ya go:

https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/rpm-drop-when-shifting-gears.4097/#post-68838