• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Hello, does the GPF replacement affect the guarantee that Hyundai gives for 5 years in Europe? Any inconvenience for installing GPF HDT? Did someone who has it installed the engine failure in the illuminated box? Sorry for so many questions , I want to be sure before I buy it, thanks in advance.

I had read that oil catch can, intercooler, straight pipe exhaust etc are allowed as per the track warrantee.
So the gpf removal should not affect it. In any case i would be prepared for anything, because.... humans/insurance/manufacturer.

Going to be hopefully removing GPF myself when I get home from work in August before car goes for Ecu tune;

Can anyone who has fitted GPF delete pipes help me out, wondering if lamda sensors (or temp sensors) on GPF are a bugger to remove? Will I need a socket like for removing O2 sensors? If so what size will be needed please?

Thanks.

Going to be hopefully removing GPF myself when I get home from work in August before car goes for Ecu tune;

Can anyone who has fitted GPF delete pipes help me out, wondering if lamda sensors (or temp sensors) on GPF are a bugger to remove? Will I need a socket like for removing Pressure sensors? If so what size will be needed please?

Thanks.

Bump,

anyone?

used a typical spanner, don't remember the sizes unfortunately, however it was a common one.
was way easier to remove those sensors than e.g. the bolts attaching the OPF to the rest of the exhaust :D

Thanks mate. Although I was hoping the bolts attaching the OPF would be the easier ones!😆

Hello, I saw another part to replace hdt, would this be worth replacing the GPF model ?, what difference is there between the 2 items that are for the replacement, I would also like to know the original input and output measurements in case of buying the other Article. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803_123113_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200803_123113_com.android.chrome.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20200803_122859_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20200803_122859_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 67
My car is gpf version, so it would only be worth the second image since it has the sensors, the first image is for those who do not have gpf but if I already understand resonator, thanks for your help.

Ok I understand, then the flexpipe for the GPF model is also another part as seen in the image, supposedly changing the flexpipe the gain of 7HP, my doubt is if changing flexpipe would pass technical inspection of European vehicles, what gain would it have instead of change the gpf that this would not pass European technical inspection of vehicles. What do you recommend flexpipe or GPF eliminator ?, if you can recommend that it would be ideal to change gpf or flexpipe. thanks and sorry for so many questions.

Changing flex pipe will bring you only improvement on paper.
You won't notice any difference when just changing flex pipe and the rest is stock.

The gpf delete pipe on the other hand will bring most improvement but regarding the law it will be illegal.
I don't know the laws in Spain but in Germany it is not allowed to remove the gpf.

Regarding improvement and emissions. The gpf delete pipe is available in many types
1) Just an empty tube -> the car will be damn loud and probably not pass emission tests
2) With a damper inside -> car will be a bit more quiet than without damper, more recommended if car is driven daily, same with emission tests like 1)
3) With catalyst inside so it should pass the emission test

It depends what your plans are with the car and if you don't have problems with laws and warranty.

As they put change the flexpipe gains 7hp and little improvement in sound, the gpf if it improved the sound but does not put anything gain HP. Here in Spain it is forbidden to replace the GPF emissions tests do not pass, it can only be done in a circuit or closed areas, but here in Spain they also change it and when it touches vehicles technical inspection you put the original back and again remove GPF. understood that changing the flexpipe if it is legal.

Does anyone know which I'm ordering on a 19 plate car from HDT? The 70 or 76mm?
There is no wrong or right. You can choose whatever diameter you want.
70mm is a little bit more than stock. 76mm is recommended if you want to modify your whole exhaust to 76mm and tune your engine.
If you want to drive stock you can save yourself the money. You won't have any noticeable improvement.

Reactions: Bu11eT