• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Recommended tuner in Hertfordshire

Mason Storm

Nthusiast
Mar 28, 2019
Hertfordshire
Just considering a remap but don’t want to travel too many miles I live in Hemel Hempstead can anyone recommend a trusted tuner in the local area

Just considering a remap but don’t want to travel too many miles I live in Hemel Hempstead can anyone recommend a trusted tuner in the local area

How local do you need to Hertfordshire?
A few come up in your area with a quick google search, best to contact them/investigate what they are like.
Do they just bung a generic map on there and call it quits or do they truly custom remap etc etc. Are they too cheap, have they done an i30N.........

Or.....
Road Rage in Kent are i30N "Experts" and have been used by a few on the f/book group but obviously a 90min (70mile) drive around the M25 for you.

Or if you fancy an nice scenic drive then got to Courtnay Sport in Norfolk.

How local do you need to Hertfordshire?
A few come up in your area with a quick google search, best to contact them/investigate what they are like.
Do they just bung a generic map on there and call it quits or do they truly custom remap etc etc. Are they too cheap, have they done an i30N.........

Or.....
Road Rage in Kent are i30N "Experts" and have been used by a few on the f/book group but obviously a 90min (70mile) drive around the M25 for you. - Happy Dyno telling you that you've way more bhp than you have

Or if you fancy an nice scenic drive then got to Courtnay Sport in Norfolk. - honest tuners custom map to your car and spent hours upon hours tuning and dealing with i30n's.
See above

Then take it to Courtnay Sport

Thanks yes I’ve read up on Courtney but it’s a long drive say 2.5 hours each way

even Kent is a long journey and not great if I then have issues

I’ve seen local tuners advertised but wouldnt trust them without a recommendation from anyone

I know there’s a whole thread on remaps and RR graphs but just wondered if there is a general consensus as to the best maps out there and if there are any to avoid
Has anyone had one on a while without issues?

As above Courtney seem to get the best praise. If all the big power i30n's also go there it speaks volumes to me and they go into lots of detail on their posts.

1 high powered i30n went to other places wasnt happy so went to courtney and was over the moon with service and way he was treated with a good product

I believe Stefan from Klasen-Motors works with Courtenay Sport on the mapping of N cars, at least.

I've not had any issues over nearly 8 months and ~2.5k...which isn't very much, but we've been in lockdown..

I believe Stefan from Klasen-Motors works with Courtenay Sport on the mapping of N cars, at least.

I've not had any issues over nearly 8 months and ~2.5k...which isn't very much, but we've been in lockdown..
Thanks what gains did you get and does the lsd and chassis manage to deploy it?

It's all here:

In terms of deploying the power, it feels the same as stock, to me.