• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Recommended ECU tuners in Scotland?

r_anderson96

Nthusiast
Oct 14, 2019
Glasgow
Looking at getting a stage 2 remap done once I get intercooler and downpipe fitted.

Can any Scottish/UK members recommend any tuners that would get the best out of the N's ECU located in Scotland? I've thought about contacting EcoTune in Glasgow (where I stay) but they are VAG group mostly.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi,
I can highly recommend Ecotune.
They gave me a Stage 1 upgrade (all I have is a Pipercross replacement filter) and got fantastic results.

Off the top of my head - Gains of 28bhp and 50ft/lbs.
Nice smooth curve and useable power between 2500-4500.

My stock car made 279 on the dyno and we got 307.

Very happy -almost 12 months later.

Not sure about Stage 2 but they are more than capable.

I can private message you the dyno graph when I get a minute if you want and you can ask any questions.

cheers

Hi,
They gave me a Stage 1 upgrade (all I have is a Pipercross replacement filter) and got fantastic results.

I can private message you the dyno graph when I get a minute if you want and you can ask any questions.

cheers

Thanks for the reply, that's perfect news mate! Great to hear the results have been good, I will with them as they are on my doorstep!

If you could DM the dyno graph that would be excellent when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Hi,

cheers
Hi mate, just wondering how much torque the stage 1 put it to and if the clutch has been acting up any or if it’s been perfect?
Cheers

Reactions: Crocoman
Hi mate, just wondering how much torque the stage 1 put it to and if the clutch has been acting up any or if it’s been perfect?
Cheers

No worries. I’ve had the clutch slip once in nearly 12 months. To be honest, that occasion was just a ‘perfect storm’ of events and it’s never happened again.

Peak torque is 350ft/lbs.

In my opinion, the car is perfect and handles the upgrade nicely. Useabity iskey for me as my wife drives the car mostly and it is as timid and practical as you want for 95% of the time and for that other 5% when you want a blast.....we’ll, it is certainly that!

No worries. I’ve had the clutch slip once in nearly 12 months. To be honest, that occasion was just a ‘perfect storm’ of events and it’s never happened again.

Peak torque is 350ft/lbs.

In my opinion, the car is perfect and handles the upgrade nicely. Useabity iskey for me as my wife drives the car mostly and it is as timid and practical as you want for 95% of the time and for that other 5% when you want a blast.....we’ll, it is certainly that!
Sounds perfect! Gonna get mine mapped later this year once everythings eased off a bit, can’t wait! Also is it just the pipercross filter you have added on or do u have any more recent mods?

Last edited: