• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
The LEDs themselves in most cases are really REALLY durable, it's the shitty electronics driving them that fail.

Fixed that for you:
Buy a set from China direct, wait 4-6 weeks, if they fail after 6 months, they have only cost you a dollar, oh well, no problem, swap out for your original bulb, buy another one, only wait another 4-6 weeks, swap to the new arrived ones, and violin! another 6 months of peace.

I buy stuff from aliexpress now and then, but just things that I don't care much about or don't need to rely on. In many cases I prefer to buy locally from a guy I am aware buys his stuff from aliexpress too and adds a margin, but there's at least some chance he already has that product checked out, shipping is much much faster and I get customer support under local (EU) regulations, get warranty replacements fast or the right to return purchased goods in some cases... Just saying.

4-6 weeks for AliExpess? That seems wrong to me. I had some shipments took 3-8 months. For 8 months one, I even forgot the fact that I've ordered that shit, so I was like WTF is this shit for about good day. Beside those fluke(although it's not something extremely uncommon), China Post shipping usually take 10-20 days, and other shitty methods usually take 30-60 days for me.

4-6 weeks for AliExpess? That seems wrong to me. I had some shipments took 3-8 months. For 8 months one, I even forgot the fact that I've ordered that shit, so I was like WTF is this shit for about good day. Beside those fluke(although it's not something extremely uncommon), China Post shipping usually take 10-20 days, and other shitty methods usually take 30-60 days for me.
Depends where you live of course. And obviously you can pay extra for faster shipping methods, but then it stops making sense...

Anyway, for some reason not just dimmed LEDs flicker, on many youtube videos you will see the camera due to shutter speed catches flickering LED lamps on cars, also even some LED bulbs for home use do flicker sometimes, and others don't, some Osrams do for example...

Posted the faulty ones back free of charge today. To be fair, if every 7 months these indicator LED’s fail, and I get a new set free of charge then who cares.:cool:

Some finished photos.

3-A57-C03-C-23-E0-4-DEA-A531-D5-C4-BFF9-A459.jpg

LED bulb does the trick :)

While the photo makes it look like the LED lights are obscuring the license plate text, it’s not as bad in reality.

BFC55-FD5-8776-4-B3-B-9-D11-5-EA2780-B9-B75.jpg

Some more shots of the redness ;)

AAEC8-C5-E-3110-4366-9870-16-BDF2673-B96.jpg

16-F66473-1-B8-C-4-B9-A-A011-3-C975-BF52549.jpg

In the dark, those two map lights are super bright for a red light. Admittedly I am using W16W bulbs, not W10W. Just having on the single roof LED is good enough. Creates a calming atmosphere throughout the interior.

The photos don’t show it properly but the blue lights on the wheel and used throughout the dash compliment the red lighting really well.

I changed my rear indicators about 5 months ago with the ones from classic LED. 2 months ago my left side light started flickering, emailed them and received a replacement but now its happening to my right side as well...has this happened to anyone?

I changed my rear indicators about 5 months ago with the ones from classic LED. 2 months ago my left side light started flickering, emailed them and received a replacement but now its happening to my right side as well...has this happened to anyone?
Yup, here.

Reactions: Mingy
Has anybody tried these:

Premium LED

They appear to be a lot cheaper than other kits that I have seen being used, especially when the boot light alone from Classic Car LEDs is £5.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove the plastic cover off the boot light once removed? As well as removing the bulb from the vanity light unit once removed?

IMG_20181108_122737-907x1612.jpg
This is the removed unit with a selfmade solution :D same System as the one in the glove compartment :) just used a flat screwdriver to open the 2 or 3 clips.

IMG_20181108_180004-01-1612x907.jpeg

I've just moved to an I30N from a Subaru and I had heard of a cheap led light blowing and taking the body control unit with it, it cost the owner several hundred pounds to fix. Unlike a normal incandescent bulb which can only blow open circuit, the led blew short circuit and took out the BCU. So be careful in your choice of LEDs.

Can someone tell me, if the set from "premium led store" is any good?

I would buy them then. (Shipping for Germany)