• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Fitted the LED Fog bulbs this morning and my interior LED lights came, all in red lol.

C164-DF65-7-C58-4-FEF-9302-BE805-E531-EF3.jpg

5-A5989-DB-334-C-45-D9-B023-07527-AEF1-D3-E.jpg

For some reason these Festoon lamps don’t work for the boot light. Any ideas on this one?

Some finished photos for you...

7-B582-A7-B-4415-44-BE-BA82-3-B6-FD019-C411.jpg

297-B5-C22-7826-4-B21-8-CDB-1-FAD9-C5-DBD98.jpg

Map, room, mirrors & glove box all changed.

Yes I realise it now looks like a mobile brothel haha

236550-A7-09-EA-40-BC-9081-9-EE6375-A87-D3.jpg

Changed the License plate lamps too :)

Those Fog bulbs were a bitch to change trying to scramble under the exhaust.

W5W Red (Glove Box & License Plate) - https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/pr...led-error-free-canbus-tail-w5w-501-side-light

P21W Red (Fog) - https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/pr...14-30-smd-brake-rear-light-glb382-p21w-canbus

Festoon Red - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/302708724207

Contacted Classic Cars and they’ve asked me to send the faulty LED’s back for investigation.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

I went down the Blue route.
Had it in for service last week and they told me my license plate bulbs are illegal as they are coloured :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: RawZ05
I went down the Blue route.
Had it in for service last week and they told me my license plate bulbs are illegal as they are coloured :oops:

Yeah they have to be white. Don’t plan to use these for day to day (or night should I say). Just for shows or meets.

Got some white LEDs here to replace them with.

Reactions: Stash-N
So my replacement LED still hasn’t arrived and guess what......the other one is faulty now too.

I’ll need to contact Classic Cars as I’m not paying £24 every 6 months for bulbs.

Think I’ll just put the standard bulbs back in for now.

Do you really think these suppliers (like the one you mentioned) buy their "top quality" LED lights from a super high quality manufacturer. No, they pay $1 for the same $1 LED bulbs we can buy direct from Alibaba or some other Chinese knock off company, sell them for $20.00, and make an absolutely huge profit.

They work on the principle, that if or when they fail, they are making so much profit, they can afford to offer free postage and free replacement bulbs.

Buy a set from China direct, if they fail after 6 months, they have only cost you a dollar, oh well, no problem, buy another one.

I am no electrical engineer,, but I would think the life of indicator LED bulbs would be shorter than any other light bulb, as by it's design and function, an indicator light is unlike any other bulb on a car, it is turned on, then off, then on, then off again, repeatedly, over and over when you use the indicator.

Taken from an American blog about household LED lighting, I can't imagine one LED is any different to another.

https://www.ledonedistribution.com/factors-can-shorten-lifespan-led-lights/

Precis factors that can reduce an LED lifespan:

Ambient Temperature - cold climates can reduce the lifespan

Power Source - an oversupply of power will burn out an LED faster. Our indicator plugs are designed to put out so many watts to power the incandescent bulbs supplied as OEM. The LEDs will no doubt require, and take, much less power, but are they being given too much at startup?

Usage - When a light bulb burns out, typically it happens when you flip the switch and send power into it. Rarely does it stop working while it’s still on unless it’s overheated. As such, you can imagine that turning your lights on and off excessively is going to put more wear and tear on them than keeping them on for extended periods.

Is all of this true? I don't know, but if Google tells me so, it must be true.

Reactions: heast and Stash-N
As such, you can imagine that turning your lights on and off excessively is going to put more wear and tear on them than keeping them on for extended periods.
At least this part is very wrong. LED is extremely resilient to on/off, so the most common way to dim the LED light is turning them on and off very fast (hundreds of times per second). So turning the LED light on/off excessively doesn’t make any meaningful difference to the lifespan of the diode (but it can be a burden to its subsystem).

Also silicon temp is one of the key element to its lifespan but ambient temp is just one of the element that affects silicon temp (cooling system, power output, etc are much more important than ambient temp).

Reactions: asd and Stash-N
At least this part is very wrong. LED is extremely resilient to on/off, so the most common way to dim the LED light is turning them on and off very fast (hundreds of times per second). So turning the LED light on/off excessively doesn’t make any meaningful difference to the lifespan of the diode (but it can be a burden to its subsystem).

Also silicon temp is one of the key element to its lifespan but ambient temp is just one of the element that affects silicon temp (cooling system, power output, etc are much more important than ambient temp).

The Croc man states his lights haven't failed, but are much dimmer, and making a noise.

Wouldn't that agree with your theory that turning them on and off fast frequently will cause dimming.
Cheap as, low quality bulbs no doubt are more susceptible to this dimming sooner, and potential failure simply because the diodes are very poor quality?

@Crocoman your new avatar..

.croc.jpg

Google Crocodile Dundee...

Reactions: Crocoman
Yeah, they are not completely out.

They are both dimmer, one is flashing quicker than the other and both showing errors on dash.

Will give replacements ones from the same place another chance as I really like the difference.

Cheers folks.

The Croc man states his lights haven't failed, but are much dimmer, and making a noise.

Wouldn't that agree with your theory that turning them on and off fast frequently will cause dimming.
Cheap as, low quality bulbs no doubt are more susceptible to this dimming sooner, and potential failure simply because the diodes are very poor quality?

It's not a theory. That's just how the most PWM LED dimmer works. You can find those in your LCD phones, tablets, monitors and TVs (or anything that has LED backlit and brightness control). And the diodes itself is a very simple thing and it's kinda hard to have some problem with it. However, the subsystem of the diode (that powers the LED and controlling the current, cooling the diode, etc) can be low quality and creates early death of the diode. That's the reason why every OEM automotive LED headlights cost a fortune while the LED chips itself don't cost much(including reputable brands like OSRAM, Philips, Cree).