• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

ICE Radio wouldn't turn off

speedking

Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
Driving home last night when the ICE did a power cycle. Randomly turned off, Hyundai logo on screen, then came back on the same station I was listening to. Not the first time, thought nothing much of it.

When I got home, switched off and opened the car door the radio didn't turn off. Usually it goes off when the driver's door is opened.

Got out shut door, got bag out of the rear, locked car, radio still playing. Took bag into house and came back out, radio still playing. Got back in the car, started up, stopped, radio still playing. No buttons were responsive. Couldn't change volume, go to media/NAV etc. Tap or press on the power knob had no effect. Nothing would kill it.

Thinking about disconnecting battery.

Went in and had my tea. Came out again and radio had stopped. Today it behaved exactly as normal.

Worth reporting or just one of those things?

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Jajodu

Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
Driving home last night when the ICE did a power cycle. Randomly turned off, Hyundai logo on screen, then came back on the same station I was listening to. Not the first time, thought nothing much of it.

When I got home, switched off and opened the car door the radio didn't turn off. Usually it goes off when the driver's door is opened.

Got out shut door, got bag out of the rear, locked car, radio still playing. Took bag into house and came back out, radio still playing. Got back in the car, started up, stopped, radio still playing. No buttons were responsive. Couldn't change volume, go to media/NAV etc. Tap or press on the power knob had no effect. Nothing would kill it.

Thinking about disconnecting battery.

Went in and had my tea. Came out again and radio had stopped. Today it behaved exactly as normal.

Worth reporting or just one of those things?
Regarding the radio rebooting what software version are you on? If it's less than V100 there is an upgrade to fix this issue.