• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Radio Engineer Mode / Android

Dariofil

Nthusiast
Aug 14, 2018
Sydney
Any secret codes, hacks, sdcard file mods, SSH access, etc, that i30N Sat Nav has?

Please exclude AA Mirror for this topic.

I am only aware of 1 useless secret function.
See next post.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSalva90
1) hold ‘RADIO’ button for 15 seconds.
Sat Nav produces a DUMPFILE for debugging.

Hi all!

I read some forum's Hyundai's entetairment unit's have an engineer mode. I some videos with some combinations. Kia too (i seen it's a sam platform) but not work. Anyone tried this, or have a working combinations?

Reactions: jeroenvde
One combination works. Push aprox. 15 sec the Radio button. But no mode. Only save a log file. But it shows a folder, so maybe it's moddable, because it's a data/app folder. And tar.gz file.

One combination works. Push aprox. 15 sec the Radio button. But no mode. Only save a log file. But it shows a folder, so maybe it's moddable, because it's a data/app folder. And tar.gz file.
Is it really working for the N? There was something on the old i30s, but I'll give it a try. :)

Is it really working for the N? There was something on the old i30s, but I'll give it a try. :)
Yes really works. I tried yesterday. I tried some combination, but only this works. I tried same with new kia and tucson, the push fast system/map or firmware but nothing happens.

Data/apps/log what i remember. I hope maybe in the future it can be modded like vag or bmw coding :)

I'm interested in turning on DAB... I think hardware is there. Software is probably limiting factor :)

I think there was a lot of limitations, because i think software is the same with these types. New Santafe had the cruise control speed data show and there is the same instrumentum cluster etc. Só i think there was a lot of functio not with only the Radio.

I dont know if this section is existing outside of the hyundai development centers :D
I hope somebody have contacts :D I searched about lot of forums like this coding, but only find GDS coding at the moment. But i hope had some software to coding parameters in factory. Maybe some members can ask something like this, in N meets in German at the DEV Cent.

Reactions: padigree
BTW i think the EOL codes the key for it. Somebody make this H-K Can coder app. And have lot of functions can be enabled. I have a link for Hyundai's offical coding for SRS, and you see in that document the parameters have EOL codes. So i think this is the way to find.
*links removed*

Last edited by a moderator:
For i30 there are some hidden menu, u can do the same procedure of this video: (from accent 2018)

But in the Spanish telegram group we dont found any funtional option.... :(

Attachments

• photo_2018-12-12_23-47-42.jpg
    photo_2018-12-12_23-47-42.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: jeroenvde