• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Going to a dyno day in October, wanting to get one to test without fitted and after fitting....see true gains on car.

There has been a few of us that has done this already, results are posted in the “remap” thread
It’s good there offering a discount, but it’s not must more then they offer on there site already! And your dyno comes in under there advertised numbers, how did they explain that?

If any one wondering as i seen it pop a few times, i advised my insurance of a tuning box and it went up by £137 as in extra, full no claims clean record nice area blah blah

IMO worth for it £140 odd to be safe/legal/peace of mind

It’s good there offering a discount, but it’s not must more then they offer on there site already! And your dyno comes in under there advertised numbers, how did they explain that?

lots of things can affect dyno figures, but as Dan has mentioned the box is consistently producing higher torque figures that we expect,

Probably find that DTE used 102ron and the bhp was their highest figure.

I think a +28hp and +70/80nm Torque is very very good for a plug and play box like this.

Remember you can’t slate these boxes if your stock Dyno run was say 260hhp and the box gives you 295 for example. The gain is still there.....

I would love to try this, but for me it is madness to void warranty and insurance. Also almost 30-50% more torque, would be hard on the car over time.

Enjoy, as long as you know the consequences.

IMHO this belongs on the track or in the hands on someone who really knows what they are doing.

And poor sod buying the «guaranteed all stock» car one day :eek:

I mean it doesn't void insurance if you tell them. My insurer only wanted £60 more to cover my car up to 320bhp.
Annoyingly they have to go off quoted figures not people's dynos :-(

Yeah, honesty pays in the long term if you are tuning the car :).

It doesn’t void insurance.

In Norway, you can get engine/gearbox/drive line insurance. Void if car is tuned.

If you don’t tell the insurance company when car gets tuned, I am sure the insurance company going to punish you hard.

I mean it doesn't void insurance if you tell them. My insurer only wanted £60 more to cover my car up to 320bhp.
Annoyingly they have to go off quoted figures not people's dynos :-(

Our website quotes less than 320hp..

It’s an expected 310hp/313ps

I would love to try this, but for me it is madness to void warranty and insurance. Also almost 30-50% more torque, would be hard on the car over time.

Enjoy, as long as you know the consequences.

IMHO this belongs on the track or in the hands on someone who really knows what they are doing.

And poor sod buying the «guaranteed all stock» car one day :eek:
TBH I would use it for daily, at least for the better economy ;) but take it off for track days when you really push the car for prolonged time...
50% torque gain does sound a bit crazy... the place I might consider to get a box will produce lower values I guess, but they tune each box individually...

Reactions: Crocoman
In Norway, you can get engine/gearbox/drive line insurance. Void if car is tuned.

If you don’t tell the insurance company when car gets tuned, I am sure the insurance company going to punish you hard.

In the Uk, you just tell your insurer what you’ve modified and the premium is adjusted accordingly.That’s what I meant.

You of course take a chance if you don’t tell your insurance company. Whilst the box is easy enough to remove fairly quickly, heaven forbid you’re in a serious road traffic accident then you’d be screwed.

Reactions: Mightymoo