• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

R_anderson96 Micron Grey Baby

After a lot of effing and blinding, breaking one of the plastic tabs for the lockout ring and mashing my thumb somehow I've now got the gear gaiter installed and it looks great!

Just waiting of forge to pull the finger out and stick their gear knob up for sale and that section will be finished of the interior.

Since I'm now a master of gear stick trim, I'll be removing it again to try out @Jajodu 's tips on adjusting the gear selector cables, as I've been having a little notchiness/difficulty engaging first gear very infrequently when cold/cars been sat for a while. I don't suspect any issues with the gearbox itself, so I will be trying this along with a gearbox oil change.

rsz_20201104_213730.jpg

After a lot of effing and blinding, breaking one of the plastic tabs for the lockout ring and mashing my thumb somehow I've now got the gear gaiter installed and it looks great!

Just waiting of forge to pull the finger out and stick their gear knob up for sale and that section will be finished of the interior.

Since I'm now a master of gear stick trim, I'll be removing it again to try out @Jajodu 's tips on adjusting the gear selector cables, as I've been having a little notchiness/difficulty engaging first gear very infrequently when cold/cars been sat for a while. I don't suspect any issues with the gearbox itself, so I will be trying this along with a gearbox oil change.

View attachment 15521
What oil will you be using, I used red line mt-lv, Redline list this as suitable for our gearboxes, Opie Oils sell it.

Finally got round to fitting the Eibach Pro lower spring kit I purchased A YEAR AGO...😂 I had it done at Kenneth Brown Engineering in Glasgow, along with 4 wheel geometry set up for fast road use. Car is now handling fantastic, and the steering wheel juddering at 80-90mph has now been eliminated.

I also decided to give the N its first proper detail this year and she's lookin slick!20210305_170525_50.jpg

Finally got round to fitting the Eibach Pro lower spring kit I purchased A YEAR AGO...😂 I had it done at Kenneth Brown Engineering in Glasgow, along with 4 wheel geometry set up for fast road use. Car is now handling fantastic, and the steering wheel juddering at 80-90mph has now been eliminated.

I also decided to give the N its first proper detail this year and she's lookin slick!View attachment 16365
And was the geometry out by much?

Out of interest, what was the difference between the Fast Road setup and standard?

If I'm being totally honest and without bluffing you, I am not entirely sure😂 the guy asked me if I wanted it set up for track or fast road, I presume that it's more aggressive camber and toe measurements than standard, to cope with cornering at higher speeds than standard.

And was the geometry out by much?

Yeah it was actually out a fair bit on the drivers side front prior to adjustment, think I hit a big pothole a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to get it checked again in a couple weeks to see if it's changes much with springs settling etc, but I was told that this shouldn't be an issue!