• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Problem installing OEM front splitter

Hummels16

Oct 8, 2018
Spain
Hello,

the other day I was driving and some guy drove in front of me so I had to go to the right and hit some kind of kerb or rock. At the moment I didn't realize but I saw it when I parked the car.

x29eJfx.jpg

I ordered a new right front splitter to my local dealer, 11 euro, and went to fit it myself. Here is the trouble. This is how it looks after it's installed:

5JYfhjy.jpg

It's like loose. Some parts just click and stay but the part next to the left (in the photo) isn't fully attached. I tried several times but I can't get it fixed like it's on the other side. Besides, if you rub your hand from below, in this side you feel like the splitter isn't in the right position, like it needs 2 or 3 mm more to be on point.

So, the questions are: Is there any special way to install this splitter? Is it possible that the holes in the bumper where this splitter is fitted are broken?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Hey there,
At first sorry for my bad English.
I have a problem like you and I need the order number of the front splitter, maybe you can help me.

Hey there, for a day's I have new front splitter arrived from my hyundai dealer. One left and one right.

I have they paint black and the in middle too.
Alright....

But when I install the three splitter there in the middle isn't taking the scew:(

Left and right are in a perfekt position but there in the middle doesn't and I don't know why...

The scwe don't takes the splitter and it's lose, have anywhere a tip for me?

Yes, OK I will makes photos when I'm back from holiday in one week.
But Its a little bit mysterious that the scew don't take the middle of the front splitter. I think it's the same problem like the user Himmels 16 in the first post that he have.