• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Postage from UK/EU to USA

r_anderson96

Nthusiast
Oct 14, 2019
Glasgow
I'm currently looking into sending a set of four wheels overseas from the UK to the US.

On my listing I didn't really state the US as it always seemed a ball ache to send things over there, let alone larger heavier items. But, if someone is interested and willing to pay for the product then I'm happy to look into things.

Ive never sent anything over to the US before, has anyone got any tips/experience or anything go watch out for?

DHL/USPS seem to be the cheapest for what I'm looking into.

I have looked at various other forums l regarding sellers sending wheels over to the US and they just reiterated that sufficient ass covering should be taken out, ie evidence of postage, evidence of condition of items, insurance etc...

Yeah as long as you've insured it you should be good.
Wheels aren't particularly "breakable" so just pack well to avoid damage, the items getting lost would be the main worry but out of your control.

Sent various items overseas over the years with no issues. Sent an MR2 Roadster exhaust to the arse-end of Finland once, it got there fine :D

Yeah as long as you've insured it you should be good.
Wheels aren't particularly "breakable" so just pack well to avoid damage, the items getting lost would be the main worry but out of your control.

Sent various items overseas over the years with no issues. Sent an MR2 Roadster exhaust to the arse-end of Finland once, it got there fine :D

Excellent. Fills me with a bit of confidence!

Just make sure you pack the rims in the boxes you got for the Sparco's. Be sure to cover the front of the rims with oversized cardboard circles to protect them. :) I'd imagine the cost of shipment will be more than what the rims are worth. It's not going to be inexpensive.😳

Reactions: r_anderson96
Just make sure you pack the rims in the boxes you got for the Sparco's. Be sure to cover the front of the rims with oversized cardboard circles to protect them. :) I'd imagine the cost of shipment will be more than what the rims are worth. It's not going to be inexpensive.😳

Yep they are sitting in the Sparco boxes atm, didn't expect to fit actually but it's nice and snug. Will shrink wrap the heck out of each box as well if I end up sending them over the pond.

I have found a few might I say 'good' deals from DHL and USPS that are less than value of the wheels, but also have seen some from them that are all the way up to £1000😂 pretty crazy how much it really is!

Reactions: R Veloster N
I send things to Oz all the time. I sent a spoiler 2 weeks ago £780............ its not cheap lol