• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Pops & Bangs - I was expecting a little more?

Hatedia

Apr 19, 2021
Slovakia
I would like to ask what are your settings in order to get the most out of your "N" for pops & bangs. I am driving Project C, with GPF obviously. I have installed GPF-back Remus exhaust. Sound is even better IMHO, but I usually get loud bangs when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear and right after that almost none. One of the reasons I went for this car was the fun exhaust was supposed to produce. I know that pre-GPF vehicles are louder, but I have compared the two and the difference is not as massive.

I don't want to remove GPF for obvious reasons. Should I change anything in my settings? Mind you Remus exhaust has only 100km on the clock and car in total about 3000km. I know it takes some time to burn in, so should I be a little bit more patient or this is pretty much it? When idle and revving, car is loud, a lot. But I would like to hear more when shifting and when I release throttle.

IMG_0135-min.jpg

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Downpipe requires a re-map, doesn’t it?
Also how “hidden” is it? In my previous cars (Focus ST MK2 was easy, Megane RS MK3 was harder to reach). So just wondering.
Thank you.

Biggest changes I've seen with my (GPF) Fastback was after installing a new intercooler and after installing a new flexpipe. Both really easy to do and comparably cheap.

Downpipe is fully hidden, you can see it neither from the back of the turbo (if you keep the stock heat shields) nor from the underside, it's way up there.

And if you wanna go "not quite legal" just get a GPF delete pipe, makes for an awesome sound!

Reactions: Bu11eT
A GPF delete is a few bolts and can be done on the drive way its really simple. The pre GPF cars where louder as it restricts noise. Most uk folk do a GPF delete for the noise (all though it is technically illegal here) and love it.

Just to be clear, I don’t want to remove GPF. I know it would be louder, but I just don’t want to mess with ECU due to engine lights.
And what is that flexpipe? I have been modding all of my cars, but never heard of it. Does it require some mapping, too? Does downpipe require mapping as well?
Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate you, guys.

Just to be clear, I don’t want to remove GPF. I know it would be louder, but I just don’t want to mess with ECU due to engine lights.
And what is that flexpipe? I have been modding all of my cars, but never heard of it. Does it require some mapping, too? Does downpipe require mapping as well?
Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate you, guys.
Check everything you need below.
It's a German site and many of us have installed the gpf delete, flexpipe (the part between downpipe and gpf) and the downpipe from it without engine lights and without ECU remapping.

Ah, damn. It is all in German and my German is rather rusty.

So, you are telling me that if I get flexpipe and GPF delete, I will have no warnings on dashboards and I will not have to re-map? But I guess, it will not match my Remus after GPF, correct?

Oh, wow. So all I need is 76mm diameter and I am good to go. Going to order next week. Thanks, mate!

Can you link me to the proper pieces, just to be sure as it is all in German, please?

Reactions: Pavlosev
Oh, wow. So all I need is 76mm diameter and I am good to go. Going to order next week. Thanks, mate!

Can you link me to the proper pieces, just to be sure as it is all in German, please?

That's the GPF-delte:

And that's the flexpipe:

I'm running both of these, no errors so far in over 20k km. Stock diameter is 70mm, if you plan on upgrading the whole exhaust including downpipe, go for 76mm on both.

Reactions: GazmaN
This doesn't put a light on and i thought it was the only that didnt!

(k26kris is a discount code for 5% off btw)

Reactions: Hatedia
I forget, do you fail the MOT with a GPF delete or are they using baseline values from the Pre-OPF exhaust?

I forget, do you fail the MOT with a GPF delete or are they using baseline values from the Pre-OPF exhaust?
In the uk probably fail as its missing / illegal but its 4 bolts to replace so advised to do it for the mot here

Reactions: nyhok
This doesn't put a light on and i thought it was the only that didnt!

(k26kris is a discount code for 5% off btw)

there are quite a few GPF-Deletes on the market that do not through a CEL ;)

That RPM offer looks decent. It doesn’t need a re-map, too, apparently. I wonder, besides the more flow, i.e. noise, does it also produce drone in the cabine?

I have just had a chat with RPM representative. Very nice person. But I am still looking for the feedback from the actual owners. So I am thinking about getting that GPF delete part. There are 2 variants, non-resonated and resonated. I completely understand that both will increase the sound. But I am wondering whether the non-resonated one will produce the drone in the cabin. I would like to avoid that. And if I decide to get resonated one if there is any gain besides more gas flow - meaning if I will get more sound of the system? Thanks.

On a stock system you won’t have any “drone” in the cabin.

Stock exhaust system we recommend GPF & Flexi.

If your running a aftermarket exhaust system we would recommend running our resonated GPF delete. However our flexi pipe will add a little bit of noise and more “pops and bangs”. We have seen gains of 12bhp with our GPF delete and flexi!

None of our products throw the EML or CEL light not even our downpipes!

GPF delete:
Resonated GPF delete:
Flexi pipe:
https://www.rpmperformances.co.uk/product-page/hyundai-i30n-flexi-pipe-gpf-model

If anyone needs any help then feel free to contact us!

RPM Performance