• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Pop-Up Advertisement in N-Cars

without

Hi all,

for a couple of days now I frequently get forwarded to “myrewards.vip” while browsing n-cars.net on my phone. I do not have that issue with other pages on my phone nor with n-cars.net or other pages from my pc. Is there maybe something wrong with advertisement settings of the forum? It is actually very annoying since I can neither close the ad nor go back but I always have to re-enter n-cars.net to my browser line to access it again. It usually happens only seconds after going to n-cars and sometimes it happens 5x in a row, which means 5x reaccessing the forum before i can browse around "in peace".

Kev_G

All I get is advert for what I've also been browsing on the internet. I have to wait for the adverts to load and click a black X before I can do anything its really annoying.

R Veloster N

Run your virus scan! And if you're utilizing Google Chrome install
Adblock Plus - free ad blocker, Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on (by Google) Extensions.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
I've had a similar issue when I was in the UK a few years back, what seems to happen is that some ad tries to fuck with the HTML and creates a redirect after some time (probably by going invisible and taking up all your screen, or by injecting some JavaScript that redirects you). Your best bet is using another DNS server in your settings (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 for Google's own DNS) or using an Adblocker.

Personally I do not recommend AdBlockPlus as they allow specific companies to buy themselves a way to not get blocked.

I use Brave browser as it has quite a few useful features like an Ad/Tracking blocker, control over cookies, HTTPS everywhere and a script blocker, and that on any platform. Do however take note that Brave is incredibly shitty at syncing anything but bookmarks.

R Veloster N

Best thing to do is download the AdBlocker Web browser. @NULLOBANDITO you can shut off all advertisements in the app and this includes allowed or whitelisted ads. I do agree with you on changing the DNS server. However, I don't utilize my iPhone to browse. If you have a VPN installed on your phone you can also block any ads.