• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Interior Poor seat quality

speedking

I essentially put one leg out of the car and then push up with that so I don't sit on the bolster. Learnt the hard way in a previous car that the leather is not so hard wearing as it used to be.

Manted

The seats are of a very poor quality period! It shouldn't matter how you shuffle over the bolster when you get in.My seats in the rear have small creases also and nobody has even sat on it.Past couple of cars have had part leather Recaros and I never saw a single crease on them.Im sure these N seats are imitation leather they just don't have any strength in them.

dspb27

The seats are of a very poor quality period! It shouldn't matter how you shuffle over the bolster when you get in.My seats in the rear have small creases also and nobody has even sat on it.Past couple of cars have had part leather Recaros and I never saw a single crease on them.Im sure these N seats are imitation leather they just don't have any strength in them.
I guess you're right. (can't say for sure because I don't have my N yet). Biut I guess I'll just have to buy Recaro seats once the creases on my car (once I have it :p ) are too bad.

Pumuky

I will give my opinion. My proceed gt suffers the same problem. From the factory, the driver's was already wrinkled, but not mine alone, all I saw.

The problem is not the covers really, I disassembled and ironed them with steam and almost everything was removed. The problem is in the foam of the seat, take shape and do not recover easily, and even break.

The problem really is the foam of the seat, it is the one that creates the wrinkles in the covers.

R Veloster N

With cloth seats, you can steam them and the wrinkles will disappear and reshape the foam.
With the Leather Bolsters you can treat them with; Chamber Leather Milk and they will regain their flexibility and stretch back into place.

You may have to treat them several time but it will keep the leather much more flexible. It will not effect the factory leather coating. Used them on our Porsche and TTRS and they kept the seat in premium condition.

Last edited:

R Veloster N

It's common but a leather conditioner will help the small wrinkle and you can shampoo your cloth which will help tighten it up.

pillred

It's common but a leather conditioner will help the small wrinkle and you can shampoo your cloth which will help tighten it up.
Your right I know it's a slight disappointment but that's what seats do they stretch a bit with your weight and mould to your shape like an old favourite chair, now if they split that would be a different matter as the song says let it go.

Today they put new seatcovers to driver seat@local dealer.. warranty work but i really dont accept that. Seats are way worse they used to be! I really dont know what to do, because they said that they cannot do it better..

IMG_20200204_170357-1500x2000.jpgIMG_20200204_161944-1500x2000.jpgIMG_20200204_161916-1500x2000.jpgIMG_20200204_161923-1500x2000.jpg

R Veloster N

Most all of this will disappear, once the cover forms to the cushions. You can help it along by utilizing a heated blow dryer. The issue right now is; the cold and the cushions are already broke in.