• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Interior Poor seat quality

TuDao

The leather in the N needs care. Since day 1 I use a leather cleaner and a leather protection. Every 2-3 months I give the leather a threatment. The leather in my N stay fresh und mat since Mai 2019 and after 15.000km. Maybe I can put a photo in the next few days.

iiNNEX

The leather in the N needs care. Since day 1 I use a leather cleaner and a leather protection. Every 2-3 months I give the leather a threatment. The leather in my N stay fresh und mat since Mai 2019 and after 15.000km. Maybe I can put a photo in the next few days.
Same here, mine has now clocked 6000 miles and the leather on the drivers seat bolster started to look a bit "shiny", also the armrest. However since I had the car interior coated and protected since new, 20 mins with leather cleaner and softener and voila it was back to new "matte" feel and look :)

pillred

Same here, mine has now clocked 6000 miles and the leather on the drivers seat bolster started to look a bit "shiny", also the armrest. However since I had the car interior coated and protected since new, 20 mins with leather cleaner and softener and voila it was back to new "matte" feel and look :)[/QUOT
Same here, mine has now clocked 6000 miles and the leather on the drivers seat bolster started to look a bit "shiny", also the armrest. However since I had the car interior coated and protected since new, 20 mins with leather cleaner and softener and voila it was back to new "matte" feel and look :)
Do you think the seats or anything else is actually leather, looks at first glance but I have my doubts in which case would a leather cleaner softener be a waste of time?

iiNNEX

@pillred

They are not real leather no, it's "pleather", basically plastic reinforced fake leather. That said, the leather cleaner still works very well on it and does not have any damaging properties that potentially other non leather specific cleaners could.

They are not expensive products and last a very long time. Treating your drivers seat and arm rest once in 2-3 months is more than enough.