• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

POLL: Would you buy another N branded Hyundai again?

Would you buy another N branded Hyundai again?

• Total voters

loafer-N77

Staff member
Nthusiast
Feb 4, 2019
UK
So at the risk of opening a massive can of worms and regretting doing this in approx 24 hours time......

How many of us are looking at continuing our Hyundai ownership in the future with either a new model N (Kona, i20) or getting another future variant i30 or Veloster?

There are a lot of potential new owners posting here now and a rag-tag bunch of current owners 😝 who have had 2-3 years "experience" of the brand.
Be good to get an overall idea of how well Hyundai have done with treating (I'm guessing) a whole new customer base. Not that I think anyone from Hyundai will see this really, its just a bit of fun.

This IS NOT an open invitation to give dealerships a kicking or to even start arguments between users.
Just be honest, and I'd imagine the answers will be pretty split down the middle.
I appreciate different opinions will probably reflect different geographical locations also. You don't need to justify your vote either.......

I'll start with Option 3 - mainly NO.
I love my current N but the UK dealership network leaves a lot to be desired. I've been lucky with my car but would hate to have to be making any warranty claims as most try and find excuses to void them or worse, just don't actually fix the problems.

I love the last option on the poll 😂

I've gone option 4. No - never again (forum breathes a sigh of relief). Think I'm done with it, not sure I'll like the replacement as much and the dealerships have made it difficult at points (if I get one more phone call/text/letter about my finance I'll scream I've told them so many times what I'm doing!). I kinda liked that ours was the only N in the lineup, now they're going to start plastering it on every model and meh. Not found a replacement for my car as yet, so we'll see.

I don't plan on getting another one as I am a person who drives a car as long as the TÜV shuts the car down.
But if I were in the position to look for a new car, I would consider a Hyundai again, yes. Mainly because I know the right dealerships to go to and I've had zero issues with my current N.

I don't drive an N but i am driving a Hyundai i10 since 2017 and had no issues with it, so yes, I will be getting a Hyundai and I will be getting the Facelifted i30N next year.

Reactions: icelink and Bu11eT
My first contact with one of my local dealerships was great and then it became worse - until I went to the second local dealership. Since then my experience is great.
We even bought a second Hyundai (Kona electric).

Well based on the limited info available so far re the 2021 i30N if the finance deals are ok I may upgrade this year.
If not I have another year on my PCP to consider different cars.
It is a shame to read that some are ditching Hyundai because of poor dealers rather than poor cars but I understand.

Well based on the limited info available so far re the 2021 i30N if the finance deals are ok I may upgrade this year.
If not I have another year on my PCP to consider different cars.
It is a shame to read that some are ditching Hyundai because of poor dealers rather than poor cars but I understand.
Poor dealership(s) were the reason I switched from Toyota. The cars were okay but the rest was not. I can totally understand that. But maybe one can find another dealership.

I would as long as the dealership service stays the same or improves. With the newer Smartstream dual port engines, there is no defined difference between Toyota and Hyundai engines.

I think I'll have this one a long time, but I would consider a coupe with RWD, if they make it again.
And I would gladly buy a "normal" Hynudai also.

I went with maybe? But I can say it definitely won’t be the facelift i30N, just not a fan of its revised front and back end, the only N I’d look at now is the i20N, but even with that I’m a little conflicted with its look? I will test drive it though out of curiosity.. I don’t miss my i30N one bit, I’ll be keeping my new car for a while I reckon, I’m just so in love with my Fiesta ST😍

You really get the feeling sometimes that Hyundai-Kia is getting ahead of themselves. Im mentioning Kia here because it's part of the same thing and it's no secret that the Kia Stinger flopped hard despite being a pretty decent car. The thing is the people who are buying that class of car for that amount of money certainly have higher expectations when it comes to service than what the average Kia dealership is providing. There are so many horror stories of potential customers who didn't buy the car because the dealership experience is the worst there can be. People with decent finances being treated like utter crap. The thing is cars are bought at dealerships and if the customer service is bad people are taking their business somewhere else just as is the case with any other kind of store. How this cannot be understood by people calling themselves "businessmen" is just baffling but I guess there is nothing to be done besides hoping they learn it someday.

I actually have a pretty decent Hyundai dealer close by. They are also the biggest Toyota/Lexus dealer in the region so that's probably a big reason why they are decent so I am going with a big maybe.
I have nothing against the brand personally but the thing is Im obviously not interested in a new car right now and nothing from Hyundais current or future line-up interests me. I can definitely say that I will never buy another FWD car again. It will either be RWD or AWD from here on out and there is nothing on the horizon providing that.
And before anyone mentions it. I have no interest in luxury trimmed heavy GT cars whose only claim to being sporty is having a powerful engine. So the aforementioned Kia Stinger is out just as are all the Genesis cars that are sold in the US and let's not even talk about the upcoming EVs.

I voted "Maybe", and a little explanation is needed.

Firstly, my experience has been virtually flawless. Aside from the delays receiving the car (part COVID19, part Hyundai Australia failing to send timely information through), every other aspect of my car ownership has been great:
  • I bought the car with cash (no finance here!), which historically has been harder to do than with finance (dealers make more money on finance deals than cash) - I may not have got the absolute best deal, but I felt pretty content with the price
  • I've only had the first service done, my dealer was incredibly accommodating and easy to deal with
  • The car, to date, has not developed any issues (I'm only at 3600km on the odometer though)
  • I have not had any surprises about how the car drives/handles
Now, with all that said, why my choice is a "Maybe":
  • I'm now 41, and though I'm currently single I expect that this will be my last "toy" car
  • One sacrifice I actively made is that I actually prefer fast station wagons/estates - I am going to have some dogs in my life in the next year or so, and considering I'm going for larger sized dogs (GSDs, Bernese Mountain Dogs etc.), I think this hatch might suffer for space
  • The N brand is still in its infancy, so it hasnt started developing a line up that caters for the premium end of the sports segment. Give me an AWD wagon with plenty of creature comforts and the ability to rapidly cover large distances (in fairness, there isnt any true fast wagons anymore, bar maybe the RS series)
  • Lastly, the big one, I fully expect that the next 10 years will usher in pure electric or hybrid-electric cars. I dont see Hyundai being a leader in that any time soon. Not that their current electric offerings are bad by any means, but I expect them to be slower to innovate in this space than their peers - especially for the N series cars
I have to give Hyundai a lot of credit, they've done really well to develop a car that is this well put together and doesnt make me wonder if I made the wrong choice or not. I do feel like, listening to a few people who bought Renault Megane RS's, I'd be like that for the Renault - maybe even the Golf as well.

I don't drive an N but i am driving a Hyundai i10 since 2017 and had no issues with it, so yes, I will be getting a Hyundai and I will be getting the Facelifted i30N next year.
My wife also has thei10 (hugo) great little car looking to uograde to i10nline.

So what have we learnt so far....

Germans really love Hyundai :D
Guess most German dealerships have done a great job. (Not a big shock there).

Keep the votes coming!!

• Haha
Reactions: GazmaN and Bu11eT
Voted Yes

Easy choice for me. My dealership has been great form the start. First Hyundai was an i30 1.4 which I drove for 7 years beforre I decided to get an N.

They always care about the customers input and do what ever they can to fix the issues (which haven´t been a lot for a first generation car).

Reactions: Bu11eT
Great post question given the time the N models have been on the market.
I am one of those Rag Tag group of existing owners mentioned above.
I voted "maybe" but not for any reason mentioned so far. I absolutely love this vehicle and have done since I purchased it.
Why "maybe" then? At this stage I am pushing 62 years old but expect I to keep the car for a few more years yet. This takes me a few more years towards "look at that silly old bugger driving that performance car" comments. Maybe I am that old man or maybe I will go softer and trade the N in for an N-line something. Kona, i30, Elantra or Tuscon. Kona Electric anyone? What!
As mentioned this will not happen for a couple of years yet and who really knows what will be in the market by this time.
The Hyundai vehicles I have owned ( 2011 IX35, 2018 i30N and 2020 Santa Fe) have all been very good to me and I have been very happy with the vehicles and the dealer support I have received over the years. I feel Hyundai (Australia) are doing a great job of promoting the N vehicles in particular here in Aus.
That dealer support is variable as many will confirm. Sales and Service staff come and go and we as customers can't do much about this. I am starting to see changes with my local dealer which is a concern. Again I am lucky to have alternative Hyundai dealers should I become too concerned.
I have rambled on too long. I am old as I mentioned.
My i30N is a joy in my life. I hope yours is too and I am sad for you if your experience has not been as joyful as mine.
@GazmaN and others, what can I say? :):cool:

Can I change my vote to maybe leaning towards yes- definitely ?

Last edited:
I suppose many of us chose the Veloster N or the i30N because of the price/performance ratio.

It's highly unlikely the prices will stay the same going forward, so as good as the cars are - they're stepping into the price ranges of the more established brands.
I have the car for 1.5 years, absolutely love it, however it's unlikely the next get i30N would be available within the next 3-4 years (look at how much they struggle with the facelift)...

@GazmaN and others, what can I say? :):cool:
You've said it all, and eloquently as usual (no surprises there). Good to hear from you; it's not often we're blessed with your presence and words of wisdom these days. Truly happy for you and your positive dealer experience. For me it's just where I live and the lack of choice, I assume.

Like you, I still love the car as a machine. But that does not give Hyundai Australia a "get out of jail free" card - in my books, and in mine alone. Anyway, enough of me! Let the masses speak 😁