• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

POLL: Would you buy another N branded Hyundai again?

Would you buy another N branded Hyundai again?

• Total voters
I voted Maybe because I like testing and living with various brands and their "sporty products"
After a couple of BMWs, I bought an Abarth, then the i30N.
For a next model, an i20N or a KonaN would -yes- be nice, but in this case I would opt for a ford ST model (fiesta, focus, puma) just for the experience of it. And after the ford, I'd go for another brand and so on as long as I can afford it
My wife had a Ford a few years ago, good on paper but the reality was shocking quality everywhere, hose clips going rusty in less than a year, it exuded a complete air of cheapness.

Reactions: papajimG
My wife had a Ford a few years ago, good on paper but the reality was shocking quality everywhere, hose clips going rusty in less than a year, it exuded a complete air of cheapness.
You could say that about any company to be fair, all have horror stories of some sort, are you telling me Hyundai have never had quality issues with any of there models over the years?

Hyundai have had their quality control issues just like every other manufacturer. They've had to pay hefty fines and been forced to fix countless number of engine failures by the NHTSA because of it.

It's no different than every other manufacturer. Once a company whistle blower comes out the of weeds and spews the goods, they all get caught and have to pay the piper. Not in millions of dollars but billions.

You could say that about any company to be fair, all have horror stories of some sort, are you telling me Hyundai have never had quality issues with any of there models over the years?
I'm not telling you anything, just recounted my personal experience of Ford vehicles.

Hyundai have a good reliability record in Europe. Perhaps not so good in the USA.
Yeah, but you have to break down what this "reliability" actually means. How many N performance cars have been driven longen that 10 Years? In the meantime you have tons of other brands performance cars going way over 10, 15, even 20 years.

Off Topic / is this the normal standard anti rust protection under the plastic covers?
Protection.JPG

Yeah, but you have to break down what this "reliability" actually means. How many N performance cars have been driven longen that 10 Years? In the meantime you have tons of other brands performance cars going way over 10, 15, even 20 years.

Off Topic / is this the normal standard anti rust protection under the plastic covers?
View attachment 16655
Many Hyundai’s more than 10 years old. I see them on the road daily, the N hasn’t been around 10 years and we will just have to wait and see.

Pretty much but this is strictly surface coating not the chemical bonding, metal rust preventative process it goes thru before painting. There is no such thing as rust proofing.

Last edited:
I don't plan on getting another one as I am a person who drives a car as long as the TÜV shuts the car down.
But if I were in the position to look for a new car, I would consider a Hyundai again, yes. Mainly because I know the right dealerships to go to and I've had zero issues with my current N.
Do you any good dealerships in the North near Preston which are good and not doing people over

Reactions: Hopefully i20n soon
I don’t have any loyalty to Hyundai so if they don’t give me what I want in 2/3 years then it’s a no. If they do, then it’s a yes.

Reactions: r_anderson96
Ditto - heavy leaning to not buying one though haha

I wouldn’t imagine they’ll be the car we want, come that time, but you never know. I’m now nearly 3.5 years into the N brand and, based on what’s out there right now, there’s nothing that remotely gets me interested.

That’s not a bad thing.

I’d love to see the I20N really take off as it would be great for a younger demographic to be involved in greater numbers.

I wouldn’t imagine they’ll be the car we want, come that time, but you never know. I’m now nearly 3.5 years into the N brand and, based on what’s out there right now, there’s nothing that remotely gets me interested.

That’s not a bad thing.

I’d love to see the I20N really take off as it would be great for a younger demographic to be involved in greater numbers.
Why would you think the i20N is for the younger demographic only?

Reactions: Crocoman
Why would you think the i20N is for the younger demographic only?

Not only. but to see the likes of younger folk catching onto the i20N like a Fiesta ST or a Golf R does with younger teens/adults - I think that's the angle croco is going for.

Not only. but to see the likes of younger folk catching onto the i20N like a Fiesta ST or a Golf R does with younger teens/adults - I think that's the angle croco is going for.
Golf R?..Not many younger teens/adults can afford that one, thats even too expensive for me..

Reactions: r_anderson96
W
You'd be surprised how popular and common they are in the UK with younger teens and adults!
Well all my family lives in Cardiff and when I’m back I see heaps of FiSTs and GTIs driven by the younger crowd, not many Golf R tho? They’d have to be on a pretty good wedge to afford them, especially with these MK8 Golfs, which are seriously expensive..

W

Well all my family lives in Cardiff and when I’m back I see heaps of FiSTs and GTIs driven by the younger crowd, not many Golf R tho? They’d have to be on a pretty good wedge to afford them, especially with these MK8 Golfs, which are seriously expensive..

The MK7 Golf R was practically given away (stupidly cheap lease deals) in the UK for a long time and every Burberry wearing chav was hooning about in them.