• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Poll: Downsizing to 18" wheels. What is your favorite?

Which rim do you like best on my black car?

• Alt. 1: Dotz Kendo Dark

• Alt. 2: Dotz Mizano Grey

• Alt. 3: Dezent TZ Graphite

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mightymoo

Nthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Norway
The 19” rims look great, but they are to easy to damage them IMHO. Incidents in one year:
  1. My son managed to damage the original 19” Hyundai front right rim on Saturday. In addition he punctured the tire (Pirelli P-Zero). He drove into a hole on a parking lot in the dark. Rim needs to be replaced.
  2. Last winter I managed to damage the front left rim driving into a pothole on the local backroads in the dark. Had to be replaced.
  3. Going to the movies I managed to scratch the back right rim during parallel parking. Clipped part of the tire.

Since I already decided to change my worn P-Zero summer tires next year and the the original rims cost about 550 USD a piece in Norway, I am downsizing

I plan on going AEZ 18” with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (235/40/R18). I have picked three alternatives, based that I like the black theme of my car. Note that the image displays a normal i30. Not the N ;)

EDIT: Corrected to 235/40/R18

Which alternative do you like the best?

Vote in the poll and comment below if you like.
NOTE: The reason I am planning to go with AEZ because my local dealer can get a good price on them and they are very friendly and helpful.

ALTERNATIVE 1:
DOTZ KENDO DARK.png
ALTERNATIVE 2:
DOTZ MISANO GREY.png
ALTERNATIVE 3:
DEZENT TZ GRAPHITE.png

PS: Today I running rims below on my winter tires....Want somethinge else for summer ;)

Crest dark.png

Last edited:
I have the Misano ready for winter (were on my Mazda previously) - the tires are 215/45 R18 with a thick sidewall protection. The thing to note - the rim's spokes protrude quite heavily to the outside right at the edges and are super easy to damage while parallel parking. Should be less of a problem with a 225/40 tire, but still woth noting.
You can select an N in the Dotz configurator btw ;)

Reactions: Mightymoo
I have the Misano ready for winter (were on my Mazda previously) - the tires are 215/45 R18 with a thick sidewall protection. The thing to note - the rim's spokes protrude quite heavily to the outside right at the edges and are super easy to damage while parallel parking. Should be less of a problem with a 225/40 tire, but still woth noting.
You can select an N in the Dotz configurator btw ;)

You can choose the i30N in the configurator, but the 3D-model displayed is a normal i30. Thanks for tip regarding the Misano.

I like the Kendo's

In fact I plan to get these in 19" as I like the fact they do them in standard 8.0 width and ET48 which is close enought to ET55 for me.
They are also approx 3kg lighter per wheel then the standard 19's.

I really fancy the Misano Grey's but I am unsure how much weight they'd save over OEM (I am looking at 19 inch still).

Don't think they are much lighter as say an OZ/BBS wheel.

The weights I found online for 19"
Misano = 10.5kg
Kendo = 10.73kg
OEM = 13.1kg

For ref I found these weights as well for others I was considering (all 8.5 and ET45):
Pro Race 1.3 = 11.5
Bola B1 = 11.85
Sparco Podio = 12.82

Reactions: Mightymoo
Maybe that page is not the most reliable one. My wheels would weigh 13kg according to them but only 10kg according to the manufacturer.

Reactions: loafer-N77
When you have to choose out of these, then take No.1.
Are there really existing the PS4S in Norway sized 225/40 R18? Can‘t imagine as only the PS4 come at that size in Germany. But no worries about that, as long as the PSS are available!;)

Thanks for all the votes. Have some updates to bring...

Went to my local tire expert to verify if my Hyundai wheel really was totaled. They said it only had a minor dent.

They could fix it for 50€. Glad i checked...He also recommended me to keep my 19 inch wheels instead of buying 18 inch. Even when I was ready to buy a 18 inch wheel/tire package from him. Honest guy that lost a sale, but gained a New loyal customer

I decided then to cancel the 18 inch project and keep my original i30N summer wheels. I will buy new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and black wheel bolts (from his company).

19s definitely make the car look better, as they look like they fill the arches more (I know it's the same diameter technically speaking). The way I see it is, the Civic Type R did it's Nurburgring record on 20s, doubt Honda put those on there just for show, if 18s would have resulted in better handling. More tyre life? Yes, but better handling is subjective.

Depends what is "better" to you, feel? grip? wear? ect.

Interesting topic regardless.

In Oz we have a bigger range of R Spec tyres in 18" and they are cheaper that's why I went for a Enkei RPF1 in 18" Dia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony5aces