• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Poll: Blackened grille or not? With pics after completion

What do you think of a blackened grille

• Very nice

• Nice

• OK

• Not nice

• Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks good, I’ll definitely be doing this. Any tips?

Yes!

1. Clean well. Do not use acetone to clean the parts to be painted. Acetone eats the black plastic! Don't ask me how I know...:rolleyes: Alcohol (ethanol) works well.

2. Spend some time on masking. Especially if you do have a light colored car.
Don't be OCD: Plastidip is anyhow easy to remove from accidently sprayed areas.

3. Put the Plastidip spray can in warm water before use! (unless you live in a warm climate)
My first layer was uneven / splotchy due to to low temp in spray can. End result was great after warming the can in warm water.

4. I did five layers. Remember to pull the tape gently immediately after last layer is applied.

5. Wait for 24 hours. Enjoy your great work!

Reactions: Weeksy
Just to play devil's advocate, I prefer the before pictures!

Don't get me wrong, it looks good both ways, but it used to tie into your wheels nicely (which are amazing BTW).

I'm usually all about de-chroming but at least in photos it looks like a classy bead blasted piece so it wouldn't bug me personally. (Mind you I've never seen an i30N with my own eyes.)

End result is well executed and you love it which is all that matters. Well done!

Just to play devil's advocate, I prefer the before pictures!

Don't get me wrong, it looks good both ways, but it used to tie into your wheels nicely (which are amazing BTW).

I'm usually all about de-chroming but at least in photos it looks like a classy bead blasted piece so it wouldn't bug me personally. (Mind you I've never seen an i30N with my own eyes.)

End result is well executed and you love it which is all that matters. Well done!

Thanks for your honest opinion and nice feedback.
As with any mod we present here, the most important is that the owner loves the mods being done :)

The main motivation for me to delete the chrome grill is the "crash" with my bronze summer wheels.
All in all I love the black grille on the phantom black. Would be interesting how it looks on the other colors.

Hyundai decided to delete the chrome grill on the new model:

Reactions: GazmaN and Bu11eT
Those are just your winter wheels? Daaaymn your winters are nicer than my summers! 😅

Agreed, if you are switching to bronze wheels it had to go black. Excited to see the bronze wheels in action. I love bronze wheels, and plasti-dip for that matter.

Source:
Nora__Bart.jpg

Last edited:
Those are just your winter wheels? Daaaymn your winters are nicer than my summers! 😅

Agreed, if you are switching to bronze wheels it had to go black. Excited to see the bronze wheels in action, I love bronze wheels, and plasti-dip for that matter.

Source:
View attachment 12069

Thanks, they are from AEZ. Called AEZ Crest Dark. Not very expensive either.

Nice wheels, Abarth and dog (an Abark?) :).

• Haha
Reactions: Ando-N and GazmaN