• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Hello. So, I've been asking about a certain i30 N not too far away from me and the dealer tells me that the depth left on the original tyres is 6 millimetres for one pair and 4 for the other. I tried searching for how much is there on a new tyre and couldn't find anything. Can anyone help with that information? And anyway, for how long have you guys been using your first set? The car in question has around 37000 kilometres right now. I wonder for how long the current tyres will remain acceptable. The roads in my region are good overall. Thanks.
What I could find were that Pirelli P Zero PZ4 225/40 R18 has tread 7.63mm.
Other tires were tread between 7-8mm.
This info I found on Tyre Reviews.

Hi all, just chipping in...two of my original PZ4 lasted 15,850 KM. The inner shoulder was worn to canvas, LH slightly more than RH. Replaced them with Continental SC7. Wanna try it after reading and seeing Continental's excellent reviews on YouTube.

PZ4 RH.jpgPZ4 LH.jpg SC7.jpgCS7b.jpg

Initial impression, SC7 has a stiffer sidewall compared to PZ4 (with the same press). Looks wise, PZ4 wins due to the sidewall looking cleaner and "elegant", SC7 is busy with too many prints. I believe PS4s look the best among all these.

My outer sides on my P Zeros are almost completely worn out after ~20K km. Gonna try the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6, since they are a whopping 40€ cheaper than the PS4s.

Reactions: BNEJRN and Jajodu
F1 asymmetric isn´t in the same league as the PS4s, for Goodyear that would be the Supersport. When you compare prices you should take that in account to.

Last edited:
F1 asymmetric isn´t in the same league as the PS4s, for Goodyear that would be the Supersport. When you compare prices you should take that in account to.
Ye I know. Since im not doing any track racing and im commuting 90% of the time I decided for a more "every day" tire than a super sport tire. Wanna check how big the difference is. The F1 Supersport isnt even that much more expensive tbh. 140 vs 146€/tire.

Reactions: BNEJRN
Everyone talks about PS4S but anyone tried regular PS4/PS5? Would exchange sheer performance for longer life/cheaper/quieter tires.

Not intending to track the car and don't mind losing street performance while maintaining good/fun balance.

Everyone talks about PS4S but anyone tried regular PS4/PS5? Would exchange sheer performance for longer life/cheaper/quieter tires.

Not intending to track the car and don't mind losing street performance while maintaining good/fun balance.
You could be the first and tell us all about the results?

Hi all. First, I'm sorry if there is such a question, but I haven't found it. Long story short: I need to buy new summer tyres and already decided to go in Pirelli. But when on merchants' site, there are more types within my spec. What is the difference, or better to say, which one is best for my car (I30N Performance)?

Like, what is the difference between these two for example?

Bit of a red flag "In 95% of cases, we guarantee the age of the tire within 1 year."
There was a 'special' N tyre developed for the i30N, but I can't see any mention of it now.
These are the tyres currently available in the UK
UK Pirelli tyres
, Slovakia may be different. A subtle difference is one identified as R and the same as ZR.

The difference in your examples is the "FP, FR" "L, FR". Don't know what that indicates, country of availability?

Reactions: Bluevil
I've googled little bit those abbreviations, so I'll list them here:

FP - Fringe Protector or RFP - Rim Fringe Protector
FR - the tyre has a raised rubber bead running along the outside edge of the rim that offers damage protection
L - should stand for Lamborghini

Hi all. First, I'm sorry if there is such a question, but I haven't found it. Long story short: I need to buy new summer tyres and already decided to go in Pirelli. But when on merchants' site, there are more types within my spec. What is the difference, or better to say, which one is best for my car (I30N Performance)?

Like, what is the difference between these two for example?

Pirelli Oem has the marking HN, but wet braking is 'B' and they are not quiet at all.

Reactions: Bluevil