• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres Pilot Alpin vs Crossclimate

Nomad17

Nthusiast
Dec 21, 2018
USA
Have narrowed down "winter" tire choice to these 2, anyone have experience with them? I'm in the southern US, looking for something with better snow traction than Pilot Sport A/S 3's but will also be ok if left on for part of spring or fall when temps fluctuate quite a bit.

They both seem to be borderline 3-season tires but curious just how much winter traction is given up on the crossclimates compared to how much mild weather performance and treadwear is given up on the alpin.

Have narrowed down "winter" tire choice to these 2, anyone have experience with them? I'm in the southern US, looking for something with better snow traction than Pilot Sport A/S 3's but will also be ok if left on for part of spring or fall when temps fluctuate quite a bit.

They both seem to be borderline 3-season tires but curious just how much winter traction is given up on the crossclimates compared to how much mild weather performance and treadwear is given up on the alpin.
I’m not running either of these tires but I can share with you this. The N is a BEAST in the snow. I swapped out the factory Pzeros with a set of wintersottos and the only thing that stopped me from getting around last year was the depth of snow. With this car having a diff it behaves very similiar to what a AWD does with the added fun of being able to kick the back end out at Will. But there wasn’t a time last year where I was afraid to go to work. And I live in a very wet/cold mountainous area

I have the Alpin 4 on in winter. Very nice tyre when it's cold or wet. Can't find any differences with how the P-zero perform in good weather, but a huge difference with how they perform in the cold. Very good grip, not to much roadnoise.
In februari, all of a sudden, temperatures rose to 20°C but the performance of the Alpins was still very good, like the P-zero's. Don't know about how long they would last with higher temperatures though.
Can't tell you much about how they perform in the snow. Hardly had any last year.