• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Picking mine up on Wednesday

frazdogg

Nthusiast
Sep 7, 2018
sussex
Have just returned from shorham after test driving the sonic blue one and what can i say but wow, only took me 30 minutes to buy the car there and then, hopefully when the plates come i can bring it home on wednesday and be one of the first in the country on the roads, see you all soon

And here is sonic. Serious bit of machine. Love how it handles and the sound from the exhaust is phenomenal. If you need any questions answered fire away. Hopefully get to meet some Ns soon

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_214634_892.jpg
    IMG_20210908_214634_892.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20210908_214634_997.jpg
    IMG_20210908_214634_997.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20210908_214634_983.jpg
    IMG_20210908_214634_983.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 72
I'm from belgium. Would have loved to come and have a look, but that's a bit too far 😃

I drove an i30N for 3 years. I am especially curious about the sound of the exhausts.
Each N ( i30, I20, Kona .. ) would have its own character.
Yea agreed a little to far LOL. i will post some videos up tomorrow i am joining my friends with their RS in the morning for a drive so will post when i return:D

Reactions: SamuelR81
@frazdogg How do you like the car after a week of driving? 😊 Just curious about your finding. Are you doing the engine break-in, the first 1000 km ?, or is that something that is no longer necessary these days? I also have a question about the sound-system. My previous car was an i30N, and the sound system was not so good. Have you been able to try it out yet on the Kona ? It should be good ( krell 8 speaker ) but can't find any descentl reviews about it. ( I know that sound systems are not the most important things on a hot hatch, or hot suv, but .. yeah .. something you want to drive relaxed, and listen to music haha. Greetings !!!!

@frazdogg How do you like the car after a week of driving? 😊 Just curious about your finding. Are you doing the engine break-in, the first 1000 km ?, or is that something that is no longer necessary these days? I also have a question about the sound-system. My previous car was an i30N, and the sound system was not so good. Have you been able to try it out yet on the Kona ? It should be good ( krell 8 speaker ) but can't find any descentl reviews about it. ( I know that sound systems are not the most important things on a hot hatch, or hot suv, but .. yeah .. something you want to drive relaxed, and listen to music haha. Greetings !!!!
One more question. Is is true that you can start the car with the key ? ( from a distance )

@SamuelR81 Hi buddy, So far so good they reccomend 600 miles before heavy driving but that is up to you i have been driving it with a little bit of caution but still having fun, i wont try the launch control until 600 miles;). honestly the sound system is the best i have ever heard as standard, the sub in the boot is incredable and when you turn on the virtual surround sound the whole sound system comes alive, i have to drive with it so low just so i can hear the pops and bangs, There is also a function where you can listen to waves crashing or campfires which is unique.

Reactions: SamuelR81
@SamuelR81 Hi buddy, So far so good they reccomend 600 miles before heavy driving but that is up to you i have been driving it with a little bit of caution but still having fun, i wont try the launch control until 600 miles;). honestly the sound system is the best i have ever heard as standard, the sub in the boot is incredable and when you turn on the virtual surround sound the whole sound system comes alive, i have to drive with it so low just so i can hear the pops and bangs, There is also a function where you can listen to waves crashing or campfires which is unique.
Many thanks for your detailed answer! So much nicer to hear from someone who actually owns the car !!
I'll keep an eye on this topic. As soon as I have mine (November) I will also share my findings as well.
In the meantime I'm trying to find as much info as possible, makes the wait a little more bearable :D

Good luck !! and keep it safe 👊🙏

Many thanks for your detailed answer! So much nicer to hear from someone who actually owns the car !!
I'll keep an eye on this topic. As soon as I have mine (November) I will also share my findings as well.
In the meantime I'm trying to find as much info as possible, makes the wait a little more bearable :D

Good luck !! and keep it safe 👊🙏
Any time bro, you will love it 100%.