• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Phantom Black pictures

Guymar

Mar 19, 2018
Ooops, posted them in the members cars and and projects section. Do you want me to change the posting and post the pics here? I did it there because I had the calipers and red accents painted black....

Guymar

Mar 19, 2018
Ok, here we go with a little back-story: I wanted to replace a DS3 THP we are using mainly in town, but the car drove to Strasbourg roughly every three months ... it had to be a manual, because my wife drives it and she doesn't like automatics, and it had to be 5 door because we now have grand-children. It also had to be able to keep up with the European Parliaments' limos (on the Strasbourg run), so top speed had to be at least 250 kmph (my wife's requirement as well). My original pref, the M2 was out, because only 2 doors, we tried the Civic R and that proved to be a joke (yes it is fast, the gearbox is great but, it goes around circuits very quickly ... all the rest is ... well ... sh***), the Golf R, nicely specced, got us to 53 000 EUR, that was out as well (Honorable mention though: people on the Forbes list drive it. Ok forget that), the A3RS, with a final list price of 76 000 EUR had me falling of my chair with laughter, and then came the i30n. Drove it, loved it, ordered it. Drawback: we wanted it to be as discreet as the Golf R. So hence the paintjob. For those in Belgium waiting for their cars: ordered the 20th of October, got it on the 16th of March. Will be taking it to the Nürburgring and some other track days in Belgium and France later this year.
About the mods: my old Citroën dealership (now an independent) did the paintjob as Hyundai was not keen at all to do it. The calipers were painted black (but the "N" was maintained by simply masking it) with the new Foliatec 2 component spray sourced at VT Sports in Auderghem.

IMG_20180324_150031229.jpg IMG_20180324_150104020.jpg IMG_20180324_150146314.jpg IMG_20180324_170054893_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180324_170123192_HDR.jpg

Eren

Mar 18, 2018
Thantk you for the pictures. That will be exactly mine next friday :)

Eren

Mar 18, 2018
No the red accents will be there. I will post some pictures of it

Luke

Jan 19, 2018
Bedfordshire
Okay, I thought I will share with you couple pics of mine Black Phantom. I have done around 1500 miles in two months and I am very pleased with it. There is not a single bad point that I could find about this car, apart of my wifey screaming at me when I press the throttle pedal :D The car overall is epic, as I have expected it to be. Deffo would recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable family car but also sport/track car with the N-custom mode allowing you to configure this beast to utmost expectations :)

Looking forward to meeting or track days with you lot x))

Hyundai2.jpg Hyundai3.jpg Hyundai4.jpg Hyundai5.jpg
Hyundai1.jpg

Last edited:

ellroy

Feb 24, 2018
She looks mean in black! It's a shame that they just get too hot here in Australia.

Reactions: Luke

Mingy

Mar 21, 2018
Sydney
Reactions: Maverick and ellroy

Eren

Mar 18, 2018
Hello.

Some pictures of my car when I went to the Nurburgring in April. It was a really nice week end :D

Attachments

Stash-N

May 24, 2018
Adelaide Australia
The black i30 N looks so nice in black. So lucky to be able to go to Nurburgring with a car that was designed with this piece of road in mind.

N-Raged

Aug 12, 2018
Sydney
She looks mean in black! It's a shame that they just get too hot here in Australia.
I’m from Oz mate and I ordered mine in Black, I’d seen PB and red in the flesh prior to ordering and thought the red was hot, for some reason PB looks a bit feminine for me, not into it at all, but when I turned up for my test drive and seen the Black phantom I knew there and then that’s the colour for me, it looked stunning, it’s got such a mean look about it which I love, yes I guess it will be a bit hotter in summer, but that’s what the AC is for, plus there’s too many people going for PB, too common, red would be my second choice..

ellroy

Feb 24, 2018
I’m from Oz mate and I ordered mine in Black, I’d seen PB and red in the flesh prior to ordering and thought the red was hot, for some reason PB looks a bit feminine for me, not into it at all, but when I turned up for my test drive and seen the Black phantom I knew there and then that’s the colour for me, it looked stunning, it’s got such a mean look about it which I love, yes I guess it will be a bit hotter in summer, but that’s what the AC is for, plus there’s too many people going for PB, too common, red would be my second choice..
My previous car was black. I loved the look of it, though for me, it just got too hot in summer, even with the AC. Hence why I went for white this time around. The N might be different though. Either way, enjoy it mate, it's a great car and it looks gorgeous in black.

N-Raged

Aug 12, 2018
Sydney
My previous car was black. I loved the look of it, though for me, it just got too hot in summer, even with the AC. Hence why I went for white this time around. The N might be different though. Either way, enjoy it mate, it's a great car and it looks gorgeous in black.
Thanx mate, well I’ve never actually had a black car before, does it really get that much hotter? Even with AC and windows down sunroof open? I live in Sydney so worst case I guess it’s only about 3-4 months of the year, as the saying goes, Beauty is pain lol..