• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Performance exhaust on 249hp version

Artjke

May 27, 2020
Moscow, Russia
Hi Everyone! Did anyone try to install performance exhaust on non performance version? Does it need any software upgrade or anything else to fit like on performance version?!

Only difference between the two exhausts is that the performance one has an electronically controlled flap, otherwise they're the very same thing.

Problem is, the non-performance N doesn't have the option to control the exhaust valve so you'd need an aftermarket controller for that.

To be honest, the only thing you'd gain from the performance exhaust is that you can make it less noisy. If that's what you want, awesome - but don't forget to install the necessary electronics to control the valve.

Only difference between the two exhausts is that the performance one has an electronically controlled flap, otherwise they're the very same thing.

Problem is, the non-performance N doesn't have the option to control the exhaust valve so you'd need an aftermarket controller for that.

To be honest, the only thing you'd gain from the performance exhaust is that you can make it less noisy. If that's what you want, awesome - but don't forget to install the necessary electronics to control the valve.
It's not only the difference, performance version is a way louder compare to non performance version, I ve tried two versions on the same day and there is a significant difference in exhaust sound :(

Oh man, wasn't aware of that. You could make a post in the Marketplace with a [BUYING] tag for a stock perf. exhaust. I remember a few members selling them for quite cheap. But don't forget to add the electronics for the valve when you get one!

In terms of the controller maybe it's even enough to get one of those aftermarket controller units.
I got one installed which allows you to use stock mode, valve open and valve closed. I mean that should be all you really need right? (except for power for the valve itself^^)

I remember a few members selling them for quite cheap.

Do you remember who? I am writing a post as we speak as I couldn't find anything in the marketplace. If a post gets closed out there, does it not show up in a search? Maybe that's why I didn't see anything, or I just missed the post :)

Do you remember who? I am writing a post as we speak as I couldn't find anything in the marketplace. If a post gets closed out there, does it not show up in a search? Maybe that's why I didn't see anything, or I just missed the post :)

Usually we remove closed posts in the marketplace section. I can take a look if I find something in the removed threads ;)

Reactions: wisdotVN
Had a look around, c4bl3 sold his exhaust a few weeks back. Looks like you'll have to wait a bit for a new opportunity to come around. :confused:

Was thinking about replacing my exhaust some time back, but it's damn expensive.

Had a look around, c4bl3 sold his exhaust a few weeks back. Looks like you'll have to wait a bit for a new opportunity to come around. :confused:

Was thinking about replacing my exhaust some time back, but it's damn expensive.

I appreciate you taking a look for me. These catbacks aren't the cheapest out there! I'm used to the buffet in subie land. Good news, I may have someone interested already!