• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Peeling clearcoat on wheels

glugglug

Aug 9, 2019
Florida
I have clearcoat peeling on two wheels, can this be replaced under warranty? I've had the car for a little over a year if that means anything. I'm going to mention it at a service appointment that I have in a few days, just want to know what to expect.

I have clearcoat peeling on two wheels, can this be replaced under warranty? I've had the car for a little over a year if that means anything. I'm going to mention it at a service appointment that I have in a few days, just want to know what to expect.
I’ve had the same issue but with all four wheels. It took about a year for them to start peeling and Hyundai agreed to replace all four of them free of charge. They were bubbling on the corners of the spokes.

As long as theres no curb rash or any other damage besides the clear coat peeling off, they should not give you a fuss and replace the wheels.

Good luck.

I'm onto this aswell! In fact, the peeling paint picture os my avatar!!

Went to the dealer this week and I suppose I should be hearing from them soon

Agreed but Hyundai is usually pretty good about warranting such things. If it's a obvious defect in finish or loss of finish due to peeling, they'll generally replace them at no cost. They will definately replace them if you have a 10 year bumper to bumper at no cost. :)

In the UK there was an option on new I30N cars to add wheel cover I think. I had a limited edition Chevy Cruze with white Team Dynamic alloys. Paint peeled off after about 11 months but Chevy / GM wouldn't cover them as wheel cover was 6 months from New!!! Chevy wanted ££££££££££ for a new wheel. No manufacturer on wheel but I spoke to Team Dynamics and they confirmed they supplied wheels for CS model cars. It was cheaper to buy new Team Dynamic alloys than the Chevy ones. I painted they myself for about £100 (all four wheels) and never peeled again.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Mine have this problem too. I have the wheel and tire package, so they'll cover regardless, but it seems to be fairly common.