• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

PD Body kit

alpiv64

Nthusiast
Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Nice looking kit but no way am I cutting up my fenders. Skip to 20.21 to see end result

Last edited:
Saw that video!

I'm not too impressed by the body kit, sadly - renders looked quite a bit better.

I feel like the lines of the body kit don't go well together with the N's styling. The body kit is mostly hard lines and edges where the N has a lot of hard lines with soft, organic touches.

The wheel/tire combo also doesn't work out great, looks too small on such a wide car.

TBH I'd rather go for a hillclimb-style bodykit with bolt-on fender flares.

Reactions: icelink and alpiv64
Saw that video!

I'm not too impressed by the body kit, sadly - renders looked quite a bit better.

I feel like the lines of the body kit don't go well together with the N's styling. The body kit is mostly hard lines and edges where the N has a lot of hard lines with soft, organic touches.

The wheel/tire combo also doesn't work out great, looks too small on such a wide car.

TBH I'd rather go for a hillclimb-style bodykit with bolt-on fender flares.
Agree and I rather make the car lighter rather than heavier.

As an important side note as to why the car may look "weird":
Prior was not able to manufacture the new side skirts, although they are included in the initial renderings.
In my opinion the lack of a big sideskirt destroys the sideline of the car.

On this pic you can see the missing sideskirt quite cleary :/
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-25 at 20.08.00.jpeg

Agreed, wide body kits generally include a much larger and more aerodynamic side skirts.:)

I hope when they cut the wheel arches and body, they reshaped, smoothed and painted all four wheel arches. Not doing so will lead them to rust and spread under the painted surface. You just don't cut them, install the kit and then voila" you're finished.. By the looks of it they didn't bother to reshape and repaint them.:oops:

It's also wise to use a presson trim kit on the wheel arch as well.

Agreed, wide body kits generally include a much larger and more aerodynamic side skirts.:)

I hope when they cut the wheel arches and body, they reshaped, smoothed and painted all four wheel arches. Not doing so will lead them to rust and spread under the painted surface. You just don't cut them, install the kit and then voila" you're finished.. By the looks of it they didn't bother to reshape and repaint them.:oops:

It's also wise to use a presson trim kit on the wheel arch as well.

they actually did all that. it's just not shown in the video. In the video (I know it's german, so let me translate :) ) he mentions to not do the bodywork by yourself. They even sent the car off to have it modified and resealed by a professional to prevent rust issues down the line.

The kit is fine imo, the real issue is the install process. You need to have someone install it who knows this stuff and who can do it properly. Otherwise its just a pain in the a$$.

Thank you for offering but I understand German, write and read it as well. I heard it, however when you review the video contradicts the comments. The wheel arches were bear metal and not shaped or sealed and this was after they installed the wide body kit and you can see it in the video, towards the middle after they remove the tape from the arches. So, I have some personal doubts. :)

Thank you for offering but I understand German, write and read it as well. I heard it, however when you review the video contradicts the comments. The wheel arches were bear metal and not shaped or sealed and this was after they installed the wide body kit and you can see it in the video, towards the middle after they remove the tape from the arches. So, I have some personal doubts. :)

have a look at minute 3:40 in the video ;)

They've been rough shaped but not smoothed, finished, primed or re-painted. Zoom in and take a look, its easily seen and noticed. Smoothing the edge is required so the paint application will adhere properly and preclude trapping of moisture that causes rust. A press on metal lock edge trim is always utilized to finish off the edge as well. It protects the edge paint from chipping or taking damage from road or tyre debris.

I've done this type of work myself on other cars and very familiar how it needs to be done, to preclude any rusting or further damage to the painted surface or rust creeping under the wheel arch paint.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
They've been rough shaped but not smoothed finished primed or re-painted. Zoom in and take a look, its easily seen and noticed. Smoothing the edge is required so the paint application will adhere properly and preclude trapping of moisture that causes rust. A press on metal lock edge trim is always utilized to finish off the edge as well. It protects the edge paint from chipping or taking damage from road or tyre debris.

I've done this type of work myself on other cars and very familiar how it needs to be done, to preclude any rusting or further damage to the painted surface or rust creeping under the wheel arch paint.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Know what you mean.
I myself would say they did this as well, however there is no way to either prove or disprove how they did it.

But since they talked about other widebody manufacturers not doing this properly, I would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it will be fine.

In the end it's their car, so I won't mind.

As an important side note as to why the car may look "weird":
Prior was not able to manufacture the new side skirts, although they are included in the initial renderings.
In my opinion the lack of a big sideskirt destroys the sideline of the car.

On this pic you can see the missing sideskirt quite cleary :/
View attachment 15946
The quality of the parts look very good and strong , a side skirt would finish it off. Will be interesting to see if they sell many. I wish Hyundai would bring out a true light weight version I do like the Project C but they were limited to Germany I believe. I wonder what other Car manf. will do to counter the Yaris GR if anything.

Reactions: Bu11eT
The quality of the parts look very good and strong , a side skirt would finish it off. Will be interesting to see if they sell many. I wish Hyundai would bring out a true light weight version I do like the Project C but they were limited to Germany I believe. I wonder what other Car manf. will do to counter the Yaris GR if anything.

I mean the bodykit will be available in CF :D But since you add stuff to the car you are not really saving weight 😂

I'm afraid no one will match the Yaris GR (and later the GRMN) for quite some time :/
Since it's a homologation car for WRC and not many manufacturers are willing to invest huge sums into it, I'm afraid cars like the Yaris GR will remain a rarity. Sad to see, since I'm expecting the car to sell very well.

I mean the bodykit will be available in CF :D But since you add stuff to the car you are not really saving weight 😂

I'm afraid no one will match the Yaris GR (and later the GRMN) for quite some time :/
Since it's a homologation car for WRC and not many manufacturers are willing to invest huge sums into it, I'm afraid cars like the Yaris GR will remain a rarity. Sad to see, since I'm expecting the car to sell very well.
Agree, I am waiting for the Rallye Edition which will be released in July in Australia. I also want to see how quick they are around my local Track ( Phillip Island Moto GP track) . The last test I have seen is the Civic Type R is still close to 1 sec. quicker regarding lap times.

Reactions: Bu11eT