• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Passenger Door Rattle

rickon

Jul 24, 2018
Edinburgh
Hi chaps,

After my thrilling thread entitled 'Headlining rattle's, I've discovered a new rattle, which drowns out the headlining - so a silver cloud there?

This one comes from the passenger door, I can't track it down yet. It's a almost ticking noise, like an interior part against another part. And I think it's coming from the top of the door frame.

The only extra bit of useful info is that the passenger door needs a little more force than the driver's side to shut properly. Which makes me think the strike plates, or door alignment is out.

Phoned the dealship to ask for someone to take a look.

Anyone has this one?

Cheers

Ricks

rickon

Jul 24, 2018
Edinburgh
Lol!

I can actually hear it over the stereo at a high level!

I found the source, it was the front seats light cluster. The sound was reverberating off the passenger window.

Poking and prodding seems to have moved the plastic a bit.

Reactions: Stash-N

rickon

Jul 24, 2018
Edinburgh
I do 50 miles a day, so won't be long!

Maybe I'll go for a couple of decent drives over the weekend to break in the interior rattles :)

Reactions: Stash-N

Andy b

Mar 7, 2020
Uk
Hi chaps,

After my thrilling thread entitled 'Headlining rattle's, I've discovered a new rattle, which drowns out the headlining - so a silver cloud there?

This one comes from the passenger door, I can't track it down yet. It's a almost ticking noise, like an interior part against another part. And I think it's coming from the top of the door frame.

The only extra bit of useful info is that the passenger door needs a little more force than the driver's side to shut properly. Which makes me think the strike plates, or door alignment is out.

Phoned the dealship to ask for someone to take a look.

Anyone has this one?

Cheers

Ricks
Hi my cars booked in is not locking tight so door rattling on striker plate. Hope this helps