• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tyres P zero vs Michelin can’t decide

Mason Storm

Mar 28, 2019
Hertfordshire
So it’s crunch time I need 4 new tyres and can’t decide on the above

get the bespoke P Zeros HN or PS4S which will cost another £100?

is rim protection any better on the PS4S!

Mason Storm

Mar 28, 2019
Hertfordshire
Only for you. 33 pages of comparison :)

but to answer your question - ps4s all the way. difference was very noticeable for me. love them to bits
Thanks been reading a lot of this but went off at a tangent about which axle to put the best tyres on

my gut tells me PS4S due to hard wearing and good in colder weather but I have a nagging doubt in case Hyundai and Pirelli really did develope a better bespoke tyre but the cynic In me feels it mostly marketing hype

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Thanks been reading a lot of this but went off at a tangent about which axle to put the best tyres on

my gut tells me PS4S due to hard wearing and good in colder weather but I have a nagging doubt in case Hyundai and Pirelli really did develope a better bespoke tyre but the cynic In me feels it mostly marketing hype
P Zero were much harder and noisier. even with ps4s at the front only, difference was remarkable. if money isn't that big of a deal, spend a bit more on ps4s. they are worth it

Reactions: Cavaco90

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Michelins are great for longevity and overall conditions but not so much in the traction department.

If you need more information Tire Rack, has direct comparisons between the two. :)

RemcoV

Feb 29, 2020
Hellevoetsluis
I changed P Zero's everytime to PSS/PS4S.

I find the Michelins more quiet, comfortable, way better performance in wet.

I hope my P Zero's are done quickly so I can change again to Michelin! :)

If you want rim protection, take the version with extra rim protection.

Mason Storm

Mar 28, 2019
Hertfordshire
I changed P Zero's everytime to PSS/PS4S.

I find the Michelins more quiet, comfortable, way better performance in wet.

I hope my P Zero's are done quickly so I can change again to Michelin! :)

If you want rim protection, take the version with extra rim protection.
Oh I didn’t know there were two versions

Piro Fyre

Feb 5, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Currently running Michelin PS4S on my car. FAR better tire and a tire that the car should've came with from factory. Rim protector doesn't poke out as much like the OEM PZ4s but it's more of a 90 degree angle along the wheel so to me, it offers a little better protection than the OEM PZ4.

As for 2 versions, I only ever seen the the other version being a "Premium Touch" tire that has a better looking sidewall.

Reactions: dave_da_bass

Mason Storm

Mar 28, 2019
Hertfordshire
Currently running Michelin PS4S on my car. FAR better tire and a tire that the car should've came with from factory. Rim protector doesn't poke out as much like the OEM PZ4s but it's more of a 90 degree angle along the wheel so to me, it offers a little better protection than the OEM PZ4.

As for 2 versions, I only ever seen the the other version being a "Premium Touch" tire that has a better looking sidewall.
Thanks for the feedback

think I’ll get the PS4S

Reactions: R Veloster N

Tom Vanlimbergen

Jan 19, 2018
Michelins are great for longevity and overall conditions but not so much in the traction department.
I have just the opposite experience.
After 50000 km I changed the Pirelli's for the Michelins and the difference in traction is huge, in favor of the Michelins.
For me the Michelin is a far better tyre, really changes the behaviour of the car for the better.

Reactions: loboo and icelink

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
It's totally relative to compound of the tyre and to owner utilization. If you're using it for just everyday traffic and general on road sport driving possibly. Of course if you step up to the Michelin Sport Cup tyres, I'd definately agree.👍

I'm not sure which behavior/s your referring to specifically.:)

Tom Vanlimbergen

Jan 19, 2018
I'm not sure which behavior/s your referring to specifically.:)
About everything: no more trampling when fully accellerating, much higher cornering speeds, understeer is about gone unless you provoce it, shorter stopping distance.
I know that a lot is written about tyres. Sometimes one tyre comes out as the best sometimes an other.
As always the proof of the pudding is in the eating and in my case the Michelin pudding tastes a lot better than the "Italian dolce".

Reactions: icelink and GazmaN