• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

NULLOBANDITO's Fastback N

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Hoo, finally another post!

So, because this happened over the weekend I had to change tires:

IMG_20190917_113322_LR.jpg

Not that I would've used these tires for the next season as the tread was just around the legal minimum.

Aaaaanyways, got some sweet Hankook Ventus S1 evo 3s instead!
IMG_20190917_131555_LR.jpg

In the beginning they felt a lot like my winter tyres but they work quite well now. Have also been through the car wash with them to get all the silicone off, as I've already got ~150km on them. They feel really good now, but the steering isn't quite as immediate as with the P Zeros, but they do grip a bit better.

That's it for now, but the Forge Short-Shifter install should done in 3 days.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
So, firstly about the tyres: HN P Zeros are ordered by the dealer out of courtesy and will be going on in a few days, so no more spongy driving.

Then the important bit: Forge Short-shifter! Only a quick review as to how it's changed stuff as there's not much interesting about the install that isn't already covered in the manual.

The gearchanges require a bit more power to do, but feel more tight and a little more precise. When getting into gear there's a bit more resistance, but it feels just perfect now, it has that little bit extra oomph and feedback that was lacking before.

Overall I'd say one of the very first things to get for the N, apart from Engine mount bushings and the performance filter!

Cheers!

iiNNEX

Does the performance filter make any sort of difference to the sound? I know it wont give any more power (realistically) but the intake sound is my only concern because while there are some suction and wooshing noises, it's not enough lol.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
@Bu11eT install was quite easy but you'll absolutely need a flashlight and a few tools - other than that it's just like in the install manual on the Forge site. :D

@iiNNEX the performance filter makes the intake sound a bit louder, also recommend removing the intake cover in the front bumper. Most difference you'll hear is if you drive with the lid open (but keep in mind it'll lessen then performance because of the hot air it's sucking in)

iiNNEX

@Bu11eT install was quite easy but you'll absolutely need a flashlight and a few tools - other than that it's just like in the install manual on the Forge site. :D

@iiNNEX the performance filter makes the intake sound a bit louder, also recommend removing the intake cover in the front bumper. Most difference you'll hear is if you drive with the lid open (but keep in mind it'll lessen then performance because of the hot air it's sucking in)
That's great thank you. Yeah I've tried lid off and it sounds better but not ideal so just a drop in filter will do for now. Pipercross is what you went for I take it?

And ah okay, didn't realise there was a cover in the bumper, will take a better look. Thank you mate.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
That's great thank you. Yeah I've tried lid off and it sounds better but not ideal so just a drop in filter will do for now. Pipercross is what you went for I take it?

And ah okay, didn't realise there was a cover in the bumper, will take a better look. Thank you mate.
Went for the oiled Pipercross, yup. For the bumper part you'll only have to take off the top clips under the hood, but you'll have to do a bit of bending around with the plastic and hood release to get to it. Then you can just remove the 2 screws and take the air cover off.