• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

NULLOBANDITO's Fastback N

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Readjusted the shifter cables again today, shifts are better and the gearbox now recognizes the selected gear accurately for the rev-matching.

Also: when ripping through the gears it sounds like a really aggressive DCT, funnily enough. No need to wait for the DCT version for the sound.

Reactions: r_anderson96

r_anderson96

Nthusiast
Oct 14, 2019
Glasgow
Readjusted the shifter cables again today, shifts are better and the gearbox now recognizes the selected gear accurately for the rev-matching.

Also: when ripping through the gears it sounds like a really aggressive DCT, funnily enough. No need to wait for the DCT version for the sound.
Need to get my finger out and do the same to mine๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Mirror covers arrived and don't fit (thanks Hyundai for making PD and PDe not interchangable)... ๐Ÿ™

While disassembling and fitting, quite a few clips on my original mirror covers and the CF ones broke off; only the OEM ones barely hold on right now, so I gotta get a new driver's side one.

However the passenger side CF cover is still fine so I went ahead and ordered Elantra GT mirrors (hopefully the right ones) from the US to try and see if they work with the i30N.

UPDATE: Said screw it and ordered everything again - both mirrors and the CF covers. Let's hope it works out this time.

Last edited:

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
@NULLOBANDITO
Do you have some kind of a tutorial on how to remove the mirror covers and what do you mean by Glue it in?
Basically you use a trim tool to carefully pry open the cover on the inside and then try and pull it off, there's a lot of clips in there.

And by glue I mean the same glue used to fix windscreens into place.

Reactions: Bu11eT