• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

NULLOBANDITO's 1992 Subaru SVX

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Hey folks!

Some of you may already know that I've been searching for a second car with AWD to fuck around with for a while already.
I've already been looking for the past 2-3 months for a SVX but there were no good deals around.
Anyways, over the weekend I've found a rather nice one for quite cheap and signed the deal, here's a few pics!
(Not perfect condition by any means, but for a nearly 30 year old car quite good)

K800_P1120232.JPG
K800_P1120234.JPG
K800_P1120235.JPG

Interior is looking plush as ever!
K800_P1120221.JPG
K800_P1120230.JPG
K800_P1120224.JPG

Engine is also looking good!
K800_P1120240.JPG

Onto a few specs:
NA Flat-6 with ~230hp and 309Nm
"Slushbox" 4-speed automatic
Permanent AWD system with a variable Front/Back split of 90/10 to 50/50 35/65 to 50/50 and a limited-slip-diff on the rear
1600kg heavy
Those weird-ass windows with a split in the middle
250kph top-speed (not gonna attempt that, don't want to get myself killed)
And to round it all off, a nice combined average of 27L/100km with 297g CO2/km

Car should arrive within the next 10 business days, will post more pics ASAP

Last edited:

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
I knew you were in the market for a Subie but that is like the last one I'd expected you'd end up with...

Interior looks mint for it's age and 10 points for daring to be different. Can't remember the last time I saw one of these.

And to round it all off, a nice combined average of 27L/100km
Finally a car that drinks more than an N 😛.

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
I knew you were in the market for a Subie but that is like the last one I'd expected you'd end up with...

Interior looks mint for it's age and 10 points for daring to be different. Can't remember the last time I saw one of these.

Finally a car that drinks more than an N 😛.
Yeah in comparison to other Subarus it is rather cheap for what you get, also it's something unique and quite reliable if the gearbox doesn't blow up (it will some time).

Also that flat-6 sound you get with a res-delete and sports exhaust is nothing short of amazing.

iiNNEX

Nthusiast
Sep 5, 2019
Surrey, UK
Very cool!

Other than the slushbox this is pretty epic find, whats your plans with it short term?

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Very cool!

Other than the slushbox this is pretty epic find, whats your plans with it short term?
Thanks, looked around quite a bit until I found this nice example!

I'm pretty sure one of the first things I'm gonna get done on this is software for the 4-speed auto.
As the car's got no rust on the frame and only surface rust on a few replacable parts I'll try and restore it as good as I can.
I already ordered a new front bumper from a breaker that's got the right color and barely any scratches sicne repainting the current one in the pearl white is gonna cost 10x as much.

After restoring's done, maybe different rims and a sports-exhaust.

Reactions: iiNNEX and GazmaN

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Alright, ages have passed since the last update. Car's with me and had the transmission replaced already (because Subaru). Now it's only leaking quite a bit of oil. After that it should be (nearly) mint.
Also: found out that the '92 model year doesn't have airbags... So there's that 😅

Few pics:

c4bl3

Nthusiast
Feb 21, 2019
Germany
Yeah I thought so :D I am from Friedrichshafen.
So we don't have a big distance between each other. We can meet some time after this pandemic :)

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Did some more work over the last week: got the center USDM tail light, changed ignition coils (misfires during idle) and change the oil myself.
Also: oil leak is finally fixed! Now onto getting all the scratches and dents fixed...

Onto the pics:

Ignition coil change:

USDM center tail light install:

And last but not least: the old oil after the oil change! Was nearly overdue because of those bad coils:

Reactions: GazmaN and icelink

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
New radio time! Supports AndroidAuto/CarPlay and a reverse camera plus dashcam!

Wired not too professionally, but hey it works.

Sound is actually really good except for the fact that somebody raped the left side speakers by turning the volume up too high. But hey, it is what it is.

Reactions: loafer-N77