• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New Shift knob installed

You just cannot screw it down to the last 3 or 4 threads to not block the reverse lockout so I just wrapped the threads in a couple of layers of Teflon tape and it worked perfect
Interesting. The knob isnt loose at all? Seems like you'd need thread locker if you dont screw it on completely lol. Mind posting a pic of the tape you put on ?

Interesting. The knob isnt loose at all? Seems like you'd need thread locker if you dont screw it on completely lol. Mind posting a pic of the tape you put on ?
Cagon Teflon Tape, PTFE Tape for Roll Plumber Sealant Tape for Leak Water Pipe Thread 3/4inch x 780 inch (4 Pack/White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076GYY25T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dayEEb9GVZNDK this is the tape I used it’s very tight does not spin or move at all when I shift but I’m sure thread lock would do better that’s just all I had lol

Reactions: Mikemr305
I loved the look of this knob. Unfortunately after several conversations with Likewise they confirmed there is no adapter that will work correctly with our car. They also had no interest in machining their shift knob a little differently to make it work properly.
So I made an adapter that will clear the reverse ring. I have also ordered a custom knob from Anarchy Motive that will work with my adapter to screw all the way down to the height of the original shift knob. I don't want to make the shift knob/arm/throw any longer.
I am supposed to receive my custom knob before the end of the month. Once I do and complete the install then you may be able to purchase the adapter and knob from Anarchy Motive. My knob will have the shift pattern on the top and the N logo on the back side.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_130638.jpg
    IMG_20200201_130638.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20200201_130634.jpg
    IMG_20200201_130634.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200201_124049.jpg
    IMG_20200201_124049.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Velo Knob.pdf
    33.9 KB · Views: 29
Wow, you did a lot of nice work with this. Will the new shift knob have more weight to it? If so, I'd love one! Can't wait to see the final result!

Best regards,

-Mike

I am supposed to receive my custom knob before the end of the month.
Excited to see this custom knob.
Anarchy must be hurting for work if you're getting it with that leadtime. My buddy bought an Anarchy knob and had to wait ~6 months for it. Impressive quality once it did arrive though. Works perfectly with his Ford lockout which is the same collar style.

Is there any chance you could produce/sell some of those custom adapters?

This one looks really good and it'd probably sit much tighter than the Likewise 12mm adapter!

Wow, you did a lot of nice work with this. Will the new shift knob have more weight to it? If so, I'd love one! Can't wait to see the final result!

Best regards,

-Mike
The Anarchy knob is 588gm. Check out their website. The lead times are super long but the knobs look sweet.

Excited to see this custom knob.
Anarchy must be hurting for work if you're getting it with that leadtime. My buddy bought an Anarchy knob and had to wait ~6 months for it. Impressive quality once it did arrive though. Works perfectly with his Ford lockout which is the same collar style.
I ordered it back in January....

• Wow
Reactions: Ando-N
Is there any chance you could produce/sell some of those custom adapters?

This one looks really good and it'd probably sit much tighter than the Likewise 12mm adapter!
Unfortunately I made it at my work where I have Mills and lathes. I can't make more, if I could I know u could sell them because there is a demand. I have given my design to Anarchy Motive and he is willing to make and sell them. I have also shown photos of my adaptor to Boomba Racing and they are interested in making one. So once I receive my knob and confirm everything works as designed I will try to set up someone to make and sell them.

Its ridiculous no company has bothered to make an adapter for the N cars. I can only assume the first company to do so will be pelted with cash from all over the world as i think we've made it clear theres a significant demand for one. I might shoot the Anarchy Motive guy an email to express my interest in the adapter.