• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels New rims. Original alloys

Who! Me.

Just a thought will the insurance have to be informed about this modification if I change the alloys as I assume the insurance will have to be told, about this modification what are your thoughts on that. And do you think I would be better to keep the original alloy wheels as years down the road maybe whoever would buy the car would prefer the original alloy wheels. Maybe make the car more valuable or should I just sell my OEM alloys to pay towards new alloys. What have you all done regarding changing your alloy wheels.

loafer-N77

Staff member
Yes tell your insurance company. May be a small charge (mine didn't) but itt dependant on insurer.

My wheels are boxed up in garage ready to go back on when car is sold/part ex'd. Not worth selling tbh and handy to have originals. You'd get more money for selling the aftermarket wheels rather than OEM ones probably.

Shadow-Flo

I sold my 2000km new originals in perfect condition for 1100€. Not so bad. I won‘t drive them, neither the lead like heavy rims nor the chewing gum soft Pirellis. There is nearly no market for them, cause every N comes with them, not easy to sell, but easy to buy a set for a small amount if I want to sell the car somewhen. Happy to got rid of them...

Who! Me.

Yes tell your insurance company. May be a small charge (mine didn't) but itt dependant on insurer.

My wheels are boxed up in garage ready to go back on when car is sold/part ex'd. Not worth selling tbh and handy to have originals. You'd get more money for selling the aftermarket wheels rather than OEM ones probably.
Funny insurance tell me my insurance increases by £3 + £25 administration fee to change the alloys. I lose my 3rd party cover to drive other cars. Strange that one.

So just keep the wheels you reckon. If I can sell them I will notice a few sold for £200 +£25 postage. Someone told me to keep them funny enough.

Who! Me.

Reading your reply I'll maybe do as you have suggested.

iiNNEX

Funny insurance tell me my insurance increases by £3 + £25 administration fee to change the alloys. I lose my 3rd party cover to drive other cars. Strange that one.

So just keep the wheels you reckon. If I can sell them I will notice a few sold for £200 +£25 postage. Someone told me to keep them funny enough.
The £3 increase I can understand and the admin fee is fine and expected too, but what the F does changing wheels have to do with 3rd party cover, why would they remove that from your policy ?!

Very strange.