• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New PB i30N in Glasgow

cwspellowe

Oct 18, 2019
Glasgow
Hi guys,

I'm Chris, an engineer from just outside Glasgow. After umm-ing and ahh-ing for the last few weeks I made some enquiries and found I was in a good position with equity on my 1 series so took a trip up to my local dealership and spent a good three hours chatting, test driving, negotiating and finally ordering a brand new performance blue i30N Performance.

As seems to be commonplace with these cars I fell in love the minute I drove it and I'm delighted mine is now on the way. Still awaiting a definite timescale but money has been agreed and I've been told to expect up to 10 working days til I can take delivery of the car.

In the mean time I'll be burning what fuel is left in my 1 series before bidding it a sad farewell. I get attached to my cars but I know I'll not look back when the new car arrives!

Hope to see some of you around the central belt, haven't seen another i30N on the road up here yet

Chris

Howdy!!! You'll enjoy the forum as much as you do the i30N, good banter & people from around the world. Use the search engine at the top right hand corner to help you find nearly any topic you can think of.:)

Reactions: cwspellowe
Thanks for the welcome guys! Haven't been on a forum since my Peugeot days of 6 or 7 years ago, looks like a nice wee community already though and the information has helped me pull the trigger definitely

Welcome to the forum mate.

There’s definitely a couple of I30N’s in your neck fall the woods.

I’m in East Kilbride btw. P Blue also.

However, since March 2018 and 15,000 miles, I think I’ve seen our car 4 times on the road and parked up once. It’s funny, I’m seeing far more of my old car (Kia Pro Ceed GT) and they were a rare beast.

Yeah I've seen a couple of Pro Ceeds recently. I've been making a conscious effort to look out and haven't seen any i30N's yet, I used to do 25k miles a year in the work van and don't remember seeing one, always had an eye for them since they were launched.

I'm over in Airdrie. Sunday's my usual car washing day but all of a sudden I've lost motivation with the 1 series :D

Reactions: RINGN30
Yeah I've seen a couple of Pro Ceeds recently. I've been making a conscious effort to look out and haven't seen any i30N's yet, I used to do 25k miles a year in the work van and don't remember seeing one, always had an eye for them since they were launched.

I'm over in Airdrie. Sunday's my usual car washing day but all of a sudden I've lost motivation with the 1 series :D

Always good to see another Scottish owner. Join our Facebook Group Hyundai I30N Owners Scotland pal. I'm in Falkirk and there's a good few around your neck of the woods.

I'm not on Facebook unfortunately! Might join back up again though, i'll think about it;)
We have a lot going on throughout the year with events and Runs.If your interested I've got a spare ticket for the Tartan Tarmac event at Larkhall next Sunday and we have a Run from Loch Lomond to Loch Fyne the Sunday after.

Reactions: Crocoman
Ah sounds ideal, I'm not sure when i'm taking delivery yet, they've estimated by the 31st October for now. I'll need to behave though, first 600 miles will be a killer!

I'm off to London tomorrow for a few days, i'll give you a shout later in the week if that's ok?

No problem pal, this will be 2 weeks of torture until you get into it. Think we are up to 45 owners around Scotland Now.Are you on Instagram?

You will just have to tie your right hand up to stop it going near the N button.I'll send you a request on Instagram with a few pics of the groups events this year.

Welcome mate.

I get attached as well and i always feel bad giving up a car especially if i have enjoyed it.

I pick my fastback up tomorrow morning and feel guilty giving them my kia sportage GT as she been a solid trouble free car for past 2 years but time to step back into the performance market again.

You got any plans yet. My old man has already asked if where going racing on a track. The moment i mentioned they cover warranty for track use he was well up for it. Even wife may come on with me hahahhahh.

Warranty is an interesting one for me, the dealer was adamant nothing was covered if the car goes on track. If it's covered I'll 100% want to go, I used to go to Driftland in my old E36 BMW's and had a blast, I'll need to do some research. If it's covered though I think I'll be dusting off the helmet

Warranty is an interesting one for me, the dealer was adamant nothing was covered if the car goes on track. If it's covered I'll 100% want to go, I used to go to Driftland in my old E36 BMW's and had a blast, I'll need to do some research. If it's covered though I think I'll be dusting off the helmet
Defo covers as long as not competitive. Ill be doing the odd track day and maybe a little drag action :)