• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New owner polar white fastback.

Thirdway

Hi everyone,

Never been on a car forum, usually just motorcycles-of which I've enjoyed several including my current KTM 990SMT. I had been interested in this car since its launch and had it on the list of a replacement for our 16 year old, 220K miles BMW 320D Compact. Tried a few cars, decided not to include modern BMWs - New Mazda 3, 2 litre which was lovely except for the engine which is weak; Civic 1.5 -kind of ordinary and I can't live with the looks; Golf 1.5, drab and the engines have issues, the GTI is too expensive. The i30n was just right.

However I've got teething issues. Drove the car home, stopped off at a local town for a bit of shopping and the seat back decided I should be more chilled and promptly reclined completely and refused to budge. Ended up driving 15 miles home clinging to the steering wheel for support
Called out Hyundai assistance and they had never seen the fault. So drove it up to our local dealership-didn't buy the car from them which was awkward-and have left it for repair. Can't find any hint of the issue on any forums and the local dealer hadn't ever come across it.

mikeo

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your problem. Can't say that it's one that I'd heard about before. Hopefully easily sorted.

Thirdway

Dealer said the seat back was jammed. I've changed the 2 auto seat settings now, so it won't go back to full recline. Interestingly, having been advised to pull the negative off the battery, the seat memory didn't clear. I'm wondering if the memory module is set up and tested in the factory on a virtual rig and now has an NVM because the instructions say that they reset on battery removal.

R Veloster N

The BCM controls the interior functions. By disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes, you clear any memory and reset the module back to factory setting.

It's just a hiccup in software. Same with any thing that utilizes this type of technology; computers, alarm systems, telephones etc. When in doubt reboot. :)

mikeo

Switch it off, switch it on... as they used to say when I did a stint in computer support (and that was way in in the 80/90's). Sorts 99% of problems. You never told the punter that though. You just made it look like you had worked your magic and you went away leaving a happy / contented customer.

Thirdway

The BCM controls the interior functions. By disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes, you clear any memory and reset the module back to factory setting.

It's just a hiccup in software. Same with any thing that utilizes this type of technology; computers, alarm systems, telephones etc. When in doubt reboot. :)
Ah 20 minutes. It wasn't off that long. Worth knowing that for future.