• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New navi update isn't working

Tom Vanlimbergen

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
My N went in for a regular mantenance in june. It came back with an update for the navigation which really sucks.
I now have to put in all the information on one line (country, city, street, number) after which I have to wait rather long, just to get a long list of possible destinations, some of them are hundreds of miles away from where I want to get!
It is virtually impossible to find your destination there. Also, the predictive feature for the names of the cities and streets is gone, so you have to look then up on the internet first.
It is only when you get to that list with possibilities that the tab appears "looking in the neigbourhood off" and when tapping that you can finally search a bit better.
I used this during my vacation in France and it really isn't userfriendly. It has suddenly changed from one of the easyest to use gps systems to the absolutely worst one I ever had.
Am I doing somethong wrong, or did they really messed things up here?
Another glitch: With the switch on the steeringwheel, I can't scroll through all my preset radiostations anymore. I can only go through the first five. When I want the other presets, I have to go via the central screen...
Sometimes it is better to leave something that is working fine alone. I don't want an update that makes things worse!

Reactions: jeroenvde
26th of July I'm invited to service to do mine navi upgrade - I will see if I will have any problems and let you know.

My N went in for a regular mantenance in june. It came back with an update for the navigation which really sucks.
I now have to put in all the information on one line (country, city, street, number) after which I have to wait rather long, just to get a long list of possible destinations, some of them are hundreds of miles away from where I want to get!
It is virtually impossible to find your destination there. Also, the predictive feature for the names of the cities and streets is gone, so you have to look then up on the internet first.
It is only when you get to that list with possibilities that the tab appears "looking in the neigbourhood off" and when tapping that you can finally search a bit better.
I used this during my vacation in France and it really isn't userfriendly. It has suddenly changed from one of the easyest to use gps systems to the absolutely worst one I ever had.
Another glitch: With the switch on the steeringwheel, I can't scroll through all my preset radiostations anymore. I can only go through the first five. When I want the other presets, I have to go via the central screen...
Sometimes it is better to leave something that is working fine alone. I don't want an update that makes things worse!

check your navigation's firmware and compare it to the newest one's available here:
i30 N - How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update | Hyundai N-cars i30 N, i20 N, Veloster N, Kona N, Tuscon N Owners Club and Forum - N-cars.net

There have been intermittent versions, that showed bugs/ a lack of features, but the newest one should be better again.

This one line adress box has been reported before in my topic above. I think I will skip this update :confused:

Reactions: Bu11eT
This one line adress box has been reported before in my topic above. I think I will skip this update :confused:
Had my update in May and agree that the one line for addresses is a pain. The only good thing is searching for an attraction if you don't know exact address, it's been good at that.
And what's the thing with nature noises!! I'm not at all bothered hearing a crackling fire, rain falling, waves crashing etc...nothing better than a popping exhaust 😁😁

Reactions: Tom Vanlimbergen
I've had no problems with the new update. Just a thought though. Look at the post here.

This is not a glitch. The steering wheel button selects only the stations you marked as favorites. You can go to the main radio menu , choose the list of preset stations and mark/unmark per your preference using the star icon next to each station.

They were all selectable before the update.
They are marked as favourites, but not selectable on the wheel.

I did the upgrade myself using the instructions and files provided in the specific topic in the forum.
Mine works are I described it in the previous reply.

Either you have some different/older version or the upgrade didn't go well and left some bug in the operation of the system.

Hold up. When you are listening to a radio station and the car finds a stronger signal of that same radio station it will automaticly switch to this stronger signal and leave the "favorites list". If you keep scroll further using the steering wheel you will see it goes back to favorite #1, logic but stupid since you left your favorites list.

You have to deselect the option "automaticly switch between FM and DAB" in the radio settings.

Hold up. When you are listening to a radio station and the car finds a stronger signal of that same radio station it will automaticly switch to this stronger signal and leave the "favorites list". If you keep scroll further using the steering wheel you will see it goes back to favorite #1, logic but stupid since you left your favorites list.

You have to deselect the option "automaticly switch between FM and DAB" in the radio settings.
Just tried that and no luck.
I did find out, however, that it doesn't work when the AV is on a normal screen (home, radio, ...). When I select the favourites screen in the radioscreen they suddenly become selectable via the steeringwheelbutton. Change back to the normal radioscreen and it isn't possible anymore, although it was before the update...
I'm thinking it went wrong somewhere while they were updating.

Update: I seem to have fixed it.
The button 'change automatically between DAB and FM' was selected. I deselected it and tried again as jeroenvde suggested: no luck, same problem.
Turned off the ignition, typed the reply above 😉, started the car, selected the automatic change again and there you go, it works!

Update: I seem to have fixed it.
The button 'change automatically between DAB and FM' was selected. I deselected it and tried again as jeroenvde suggested: no luck, same problem.
Turned off the ignition, typed the reply above 😉, started the car, selected the automatic change again and there you go, it works!

If all fails, reboot 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

good that you found the solution ;-)

Glad it works now :)
Like I said its stupid but logic on the other hand. It goes out of your favorites list if a stronger signal is detected...

Sure Hyundai can fix this if they are reading this forum 🙋‍♂️

I've sent Hyundai a message through twitter and they said they would come back to me after speaking to their techs. I'll let you know if they do

• Love
I've sent Hyundai a message through twitter and they said they would come back to me after speaking to their techs. I'll let you know if they do
No luck yet. I've chased and they've apologised and said they would chase. I don't like to be negative but I'm not holding out too much....

Hi all - decided to give up and wait for the next update to see if this fixes my issue. Going round in circles chasing them, they apologise and chase the technical department, rinse repeat.

• Sad
Reactions: GazmaN
For now I found only one annoying thing with this new firmware - new addres search function and lack of street and numbers columns like before. Now there is only one line for address and after it only suggested hints.
Here is my actual firmware in the car:
123.jpg