• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New Kia Ceed GT

Crocoman

Nthusiast
Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
Reactions: Deleted member 360

BWChris

Aug 30, 2018
Stuttgart
Urgh.. My previous Car was a Kia Ceed GT, too. I still like the style of the old one, but this new GT looks.. urgh. Interior is nice, but the exterior is really bad. And yes, you are right - Kia should have changed the engine. That 1.6L 204hp isn't really good :/

I am really happy that i switched to the i30n instead of waiting for that new GT

Reactions: Crocoman

Crocoman

Nthusiast
Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
I completely agree. Even a detuned 2 litre with 220-230bhp and closed to 300nm of torque would set this apart a bit.

And yeah, our 4/5 year old Ceed/Pro Ceed GT’s look so much better than this. What were they thinking?

Safcwarrior

Nthusiast
Aug 10, 2018
Kent
I’m so disappointed and I can only thank Hyundai for developing and launching the i30N when they did, as this was the car I’d been waiting on getting when I had my 2014 Kia Pro Ceed GT.

201bhp and 195ft/lbs torque AGAIN!!! Kia, are you ever going to change that output?

Anyway, here’s a link.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/kia-ceed-gt-unveiled-201bhp-turbo-petrol-engine

It reads like the N mantra but with a lot less power.... I don’t see the point unless we can call it a baby n :rolleyes:

Rumple

Nthusiast
Aug 13, 2018
London
Sounds like Kia did not have much choice in this as this was a corporate decision. I always thought the i30N should have gone to Kia and the Stinger to Hyundai, but alas this was not the case. Hearing interviews from Hyundai executives, it seems they want to raise Hyundai's profile somewhat as the maker of performance/Sporty cars, so anything remotely N like will be a Hyundai, whereas the KIA sister car will be compromised/More GT like, so as not to compete/overshadow the Hyundai.

Agree with BWChris about the interior. I sat in the new mid range Ceed when servicing my Picanto a few weeks ago and wow....it really is a step up. Dare I say it seems nicer than the i30 - Mostly soft touch, Piano black/fake metal inserts etc.

asd

Feb 12, 2018
Poznań, Poland
Wasn't a fan of the previous lower front LED lights style in Ceed GT. Just as I dislike the porche headlamp style with 4 point leds... Just looks like chinesium to me... But otherwise ceeds mk2 were (are) beauties, GT no less... Mk3 i also find less attractive, but not much... If I could wish upon a star, I would prefer a thin bright solid stripe, like tucson has - embedded in the main lamp, the upper edge of it... but the 2 vertical leds for DRL the N has are fine too... just a preference...

eddie_gt4

Nthusiast
Jun 6, 2018
Vilnius, Lithuania
Few days ago Kia plant in Slovakia started production of new ProCeed (new Ceed GT is also on the way)

https://webmagazin.teraz.sk/auta/kia-motors-slovakia-spustila-vyrobu-mod/9535-clanok.html

in some countries the prices for the new ProCeed nad Ceed GT has been already published (e.g. Austria or Lithuania)
I'm really interested how much cheaper will be Ceed GT comparing to i30N in my country...

ProCeed from some angles looks really hot :)

Attachments

Last edited:

NCurious

Nthusiast
Nov 9, 2021
UK
I was looking at these (pre face lift), in terms of being on the radar, about a year or so ago, but many of the reviews talked about revs dropping so slow you could make a cup of coffee while waiting, and the manual gearbox iffy.
And the facelift now is auto only.
o_O