• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New iMT transmission for the i30

Maverick

Staff member
Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Germany
Some coworker told me that Hyundai isn't offering the traditional manual transmission for the new i30 any more and found that hard to believe, nor could I really understand what he meant..

Turns out they developed a new one that will be available as an option along with the DCT being the automatic option on the new i30.

So, it's either DCT ...or half-manual. I guess it's ok since the normal i30 is a bit boring to drive anyway (imo).

Here more info about it: clicky

I wonder what will happen to the manual transmission (as we know it) for the new i30N... :rolleyes:

The iMT will only be available in the Hyundai Venue in India. There are no plans to bring this to other markets or other cars currently.
So no changes for the i30 transmission for now.

The iMT will only be available in the Hyundai Venue in India. There are no plans to bring this to other markets or other cars currently.
So no changes for the i30 transmission for now.
Edit: It looks like it depends on the model variants, the normal manual is available as well, only for the "Prime" one you get only DCT/iMT. But yes, it's already available now as we speak on the i30 as well, at least here in Germany. :rolleyes:

Edit: It looks like it depends on the model variants, the normal manual is available as well, only for the "Prime" one you get only DCT/iMT.
I don't know where you get that wrong information from.
You can clearly see the clutch pedal.

i30-overview.jpg

Directly from Hyundai... click me. Why don't you open the configurator and see for yourself. :p
As you can see, there is still a 6-MT available ;D you just have to buy a Diesel.
1594736037284.png

JK. I guess this is an error. I will ask my friend who works for Hyundai.

Exactly, it's only available for the diesel variant (the weak one), which is a quite interesting move from Hyundai.. I just hope that it is an error too.. and that Hyundai won't kill the manual i30N anytime soon. I'll be very angry and disappointed if they would do anything like that. :mad:

Ok I talked to my friend. It's not an error. The i30 facelift (not N!) will get the iMT as well.
But other than the Venue in India, the i30 will still have a clutch pedal.
So you no longer act mechanically on the clutch by stepping on the clutch pedal, but instead activate signals that trigger the electronic engagement or disengagement.

This thing is so new that you can only find a handful of India based videos on YouTube. šŸ˜‚

Some coworker told me that Hyundai isn't offering the traditional manual transmission for the new i30 any more and found that hard to believe, nor could I really understand what he meant..

Turns out they developed a new one that will be available as an option along with the DCT being the automatic option on the new i30.

So, it's either DCT ...or half-manual. I guess it's ok since the normal i30 is a bit boring to drive anyway (imo).

Here more info about it: clicky

I wonder what will happen to the manual transmission (as we know it) for the new i30N... :rolleyes:
DCT and Manual will be available for most of the world for the i30, i30N, Veloster N and Veloster. :)